Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I was bothered by alot of things at the event
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2159840
2159840, RE: I was bothered by alot of things at the event
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-08-13 05:06 PM
>No promos at all...
>
>No National Anthem...
>No America the Beautiful...
>
>No big entrances for the final match...really???

They were screwed on time. Or at least they thought they were. Most of Cena's super entrances have been bad and they were supposed to have him heel it up on the way out..and he did. Rock is a huge superstar special attraction who shows up 10 x a year (if that) and gets a main event presence THREE years in a row. THREE.

Living Colour for Punk was dope as shit to me. And him not giving a shit about Taker's rise from the dead entrance...harassing the urn all the while and basically psyching himself up...perfect Punk shit.

>And you charge $70 for it???
>
>It felt very poorly run...

It is hard to punish part-timers for running long in matches.

>This was my first Wrestlemania live and I feel like I didn't
>go to one...

I went to 25 and had dry feelings during parts of it. But of course, having good seats AND getting blessed with HBK/Taker 1 in-person is enough to make me feel like the whole thing was awesome forever. Take in mind that I somehow dropped my car key while losing my shit for HBK/Taker and had to go back into the arena after the show to find them and I STILL think the shit was great years later. Judge me...my car key is separate from my other keys...gym mobility shit...

>And I am afraid to commit to going to 30 after this...

They must've been hella scared about running out of time and wanting the 'big' matches to go longer. They just needed someone with an excel list, a list of items and matches, and a formula that wouldn't let the mock event go longer than 3:30 or 3:45. Having the Anthem and a full match getting cut mid-show IS pretty bad time-management considering there were no major injuries or new matches added at the last minute. Something must've gone wrong somewhere that we don't know about. Cuz hell...skits got cut too.

Temporarily putting bitching aside, if you get a chance, take your ass to WM 30! Let's bitch now like the IWC is known to do and assume they'll get things right by next year. The roster is filled with talent. And there's enough intelligence backstage that good things CAN happen if the right folks cuss with the right look on their face and a throw in a few Dog Whisperer points to conVince folks that intelligence should prevail. So WM 30 MIGHT be the Mania that says 'sure...the rasslin is good now but we need to put folks over who need to go over for the future of our shit'. It happens at least once every 10 Manias. X and XX for examples. I'm at least a little ticked, but I'm optimistic...for now. This isn't a WCW off the rails situation. They just need to tweak some things, pull the trigger on a few of these mid-range folks, AND get a couple of key turns right instead of flipping Big Show every time they get scurred of flipping someone else.

Jimaveli