Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthat show was just a huge magnifying glass on their current state
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2159427
2159427, that show was just a huge magnifying glass on their current state
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Apr-08-13 08:45 AM
so unimaginative and phoned in from beginning to end. It is easily the worst Wrestlemania I can remember.

I'll never understand why they jam so much filler into these shows and turn them into marathons. When you put a Puff Daddy concert in the middle of your program, or you trot out Special Olympians for five minutes, or you show 3 separate vignettes about a main event match that we've known about for a year...it just becomes a chore to watch this thing. It's like watching the Oscars after a while. It puts your at-home audience to sleep and it prevents your in-stadium audience from ever really picking up momentum.

I completely agree that someone should've joined the Shield, and if you weren't going to have someone join them then that match should've been later. It served as a quality showcase of 3 fantastic prospects, but with it being at the start of the show it didn't achieve its potential at all.

Ryback is a guy who they've really tried to make the next megastar. Now consider that there's three times as many eyes watching this show as there is for your usual pay-per-view...WHY WOULDN'T HE GO OVER? No casual fans care about Mark Henry. But if Ryback goes over with his finisher (which credit to him I didn't think he'd be able to do) and then those casual fans come back next year they'll recognize him, they'll recall him having picked up the big black dude over his head and walking around the ring with him. That match did no one any favors. If they wanted to keep the program going just have Henry attack Ryback after. Awful.

The tag team match was good enough I suppose, that is if good enough is what they're going for. Though there was a time when they'd give a tag team match 20 minutes at Wrestlemania and it would steal the show. Bryan is wildly over, they need to probably find a way to bring this thing to a close soon and turn him loose. And no one in that company should be more frustrated than Dolph Ziggler. Perhaps he splits from his cronies and cashes in tonight but, again, with that huge audience last night why wouldn't you just do it at Wrestlemania?

Taker/Punk was the only thing worth a damn in the entire four hours. Punk is just such a pro, and his student of the game persona came through in the purple and grey trunks and the borrowing of the "old school" spot. And if Taker can still go then let him. For some reason I'm not at all annoyed by his spotty presence and I still mark out for his whole shtick.

No one cares about Brock Lesnar. You've now paid him an exorbitant amount of money, made him look vulnerable, and made his indifference towards pro wrestling well-known. It's a disaster. At no point in a Triple H v Brock Lesnar match should Triple H be getting in this much offense or going for submissions or even trying to punch Lesnar - A FORMER UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION WHICH MEANS HE WAS REALLY THE BEST REAL FIGHTER IN THE WORLD REALLY. The pacing sucked and the characters did too. Flush this one down the toilet, never do it again, and then take a long hard look at if you want to bring Brock Lesnar back.

And then we get to our main event which deserves to be remembered right alongside Miz/Cena and LT/Bam Bam as the worst Wrestlemania main event of all time. Rock is out of shape and knows even fewer moves than Cena. It's such a shame to use Cena in this capacity. I understand why they do it, but he's a workhorse capable of delivering his best in a spot like this. Good riddance Rock.

Maybe for some, "good" suffices. Not for me, not when I know what Wrestlemania is supposed to be and I've shelled out $70 for it. This show was just terrible and the worst part is that I have no confidence they're cognizant of the issues that made it so poor.

With the entire world watching and the chance to lure in part-time fans you deliver THIS? Ha. You certainly didn't bring in anyone new but you may have just lost a couple former die-hards for good.