Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYES
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2159371
2159371, YES
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-08-13 12:08 AM
I feel like the matches themselves were executed well for the most part. And the plans, psychology, and stories told in the ring were at least solid and 'true' to the characters.

I AM struggling with the safeness of the show even though they could still do some crazy stuff coming out of it (the Cena turn is sooo right there). I wanted them to sack up and pull the trigger on ONE risky thing AT MANIA. And it could've been anything that you mentioned.

And no...that Dusty-like finish for Henry and Ryberg doesn't count. I'm glad Mark took the win via 'accidental splash', but having Ryberg get his heat RIGHT back...shit...they could've just done a 2 outta 3 falls if they were so deadset on keeping the heat on both guys. And Fandango was damn well winning, so that wasn't risky either..he looked kinda limited, green, and a little off in that match, but the story of the match was that he was supposed to get his ass kicked and lose cuz Jericho is a legend, so hey.

Ziggler losing the tag match AND not cashing his MiTB really hurt my soul. How dare they ruin Buff Koko B. Ware's debut? And Daniel Bryan didn't necessarily NEED to keep being saddled with Kane, the pointless tag titles, and whatever else that brings him. And their need to try to keep Mexicans happy with ADR is growing old with me too. And I like ADR in the ring...that dude is big, athletic, and easily capable of good matches with damn near anybody. It is just too heavyhanded.

Taker's Mania matches the last 5 years have been the shit..it is pretty impressive honestly. You know how awesome HBK is? He makes matches that he isn't even in better. Brillaint. It is no surprise that Haitch was first in line to milk that cow for 2 years. That streak is such a thing now that having someone show up and show out to try to end the streak every year is autobooked. They should get it as close to the end of the show as possible every year. And every few years, they need to sack up and put it at the end again since Taker and his opponent have a great chance of stealing the show every time. He still has Cena, Rock, and Brock to take on.

I want Austin/Punk next year. Get healthy and fucking do it, Steve. *somebody awesome*/Taker too. Here's to hoping for no Cena/Rock 3 at WM30. Rock has to rest too much between spots. And they've clearly run out of moves to do to one another. AND Rock isn't working enough to learn any new ones, so it is over. They got 2 huge and solid Mania matches out of the same story while keeping everyone face, so they have to leave it alone unless they get Cena turned.

Jimaveli

>if they had had 1.5 more surprises this ppv would have been
>fantastic. instead, they totally blew it.*
>
>full surprises:
>-punk beating taker
>-the rock defending his title
>-cena going heel
>-aj stating that when she was commissioner she secretly
>ordered that the MITB contract was for any title, then ziggler
>cashes it in and wins
>