Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat's because it is his fault...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2156199&mesg_id=2156636
2156636, That's because it is his fault...
Posted by Basaglia, Tue Apr-02-13 01:00 PM
>But you just said its Carmelo's fault that he didn't end
>up as good as Lebron and that we weren't wrong for
>comparing them athletically.
>
>Nah.

athleticism is not everything. having played my whole life and growing up with some of the best ballers in this area, i can tell you that athleticism is not everything. it can be neutralized. SKILLS are king in basketball. skills are king in ALL sports...ALL. it's why greg maddux dominated baseball with an 89MPH fastball and great mechanics. it's why gretzky dominated with quick feet and stick work despite being relatively little scrawny ass man. these dubiously built bammas DOMINATED their sports. so did larry bird.

and as a point out...melo was blessed with GREAT athleticism and a superior skillset. and lebron closed the gap in skillset and melo let the gap in athleticism widen with every pound. there's just no excuse.

>Carmelo and Lebron are actually different species of
>organism.

don't care. it didn't stop KD from making it a conversation until Bron actually raised his game AGAIN this season. now, KD has raised his as well. who ain't raised their game? carmelo.

>And that's taking nothing away from Lebron.
>
>Nor is it absolving Carmelo of blame (whatever degree
>he deserves)
>
>But some damn Cinnabons + laziness is not the reason
>Carmelo is not as good as Lebron.

yeah, it is. you can dismiss it as negligible, but that's simply not how it works. he was BSing while Bron was working. it really is that simple.

>Given how smart you are, I'm gonna write that off to
>some DC nigga shit, which don't make it right but it
>certainly makes sense to me.

yet, you offer no reason has to why they were EQUALS for YEARS on the AAU/HS/college level, culminated by a great ROY race, and then LeBron just suddenly got better the very next year, which coincidentally was marked by melo being FAT and telling folks to stop snitching.

i mean, how much slack should melo be cut here. you tell me. is the answer to all this: "it don't matter, lebron got better genes"? it'd really like to know.

>DC niggas are among the most passionate arguers in the
>galaxy.

yeah, this is a distraction. it doesn't matter.

I seen these two bammas on the green line back
>in the day about to slash each others throats over backyard
>vs junkyard...and they were best friends, seen them the
>next day palling around.
>
>
>----------------------------
>
>
>
>O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"
>