Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's the second half - What the hell do you want to talk about?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2211055
2211055, It's the second half - What the hell do you want to talk about?
Posted by Walleye, Thu Jul-18-13 09:21 PM
I'm going to admit that three terrible years in a row has made individual game/series posts the exact opposite of captivating. The likelihood that nothing interesting will happen during an unpleasantly predictable loss is so strong that it's sort of a bummer to point out the patterns like a stars-n-scrubs lineup with fewer stars than usual and pitchers that rely on really, really well struck balls in play being turned into outs by a good-not-great defensive background.

That's it. That's the season.

So, what do my fellow okayTwinsfans want to talk about? The minors is always fun, but even with our prospects advancing both successfully and to imminent debuts it still seems kind of abstract. It'll be there, obviously, but I think if we're going to make this the New Britain Rock Cats 2013 season post we should call it that.

How about our tradeable assets? I think that giving this whole thing some sort of teological thrust is a good idea. So between the inevitable focus on our really rather good system and the likelihood of being deadline sellers, there's a theme being developed of:

WHAT WILL THE NEXT GOOD TWINS TEAM LOOK LIKE?

Anything that serves that purpose interests me. So does complaining about Kevin Correia and appreciating Trevor Plouffe in that weird way where even though he's totally servicable I know we'll remember the Trevor Plouffe era as dark days in Minnesota. So we'll do that too. But not dwell on it. A good Twins team exists in the organization at present.