Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou're not wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2207639
2207639, You're not wrong
Posted by Walleye, Mon Jul-08-13 02:02 PM
>this isn't meant to undercut what you just wrote, because it
>was spot on, but this season seems like a bataan death march
>to the inevitable. why can't we just withdraw from the rest of
>the season for a nominal fine?

What sucks is how little pleasure I'm getting out of the nice spots. Joe Mauer, recent slump notwithstanding, is having a good year. Brian Dozier looks like a keeper defensively, is drawing walks and showing some pop, and really just needs a few more singles to fall in. If you drop Aaron Hicks almost impossibly (I seriously wouldn't believe it if he hadn't done it) bad April, he's actually been really rather good. Oswaldo Arcia is on the Rookie of the Year shortlist until he gets dinged for just aggravating the hell out of the advanced defensive stat gods. Actually, ditto Trevor Plouffe except for the rookie part. He just can't glove to save his life, but Plouffe's bat might let us play smart with Sano so that's good.

That's a bunch of good stuff that you'd love to see in a bad team. Star at the core playing well and some leaps forward from rookies with a great farm system ready to provide more talent. Perhaps if those weren't all on the same side of the ball then I'd be more hopeful about it, but as it is - meh.