Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectgleeman and the geek rambled about this on sunday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2201183
2201183, gleeman and the geek rambled about this on sunday
Posted by Drizzit, Tue Jun-25-13 06:54 PM
their conversation was cyclical, but two points stood out:

1. it's kind of silly for the twins FO to still be banging the "we're still in this drum" at this point in the year and with the bodies we have on the roster. i'm unsure whether it's more a nod to the clubhouse to keep veterans happy, but, if the players need this kind of unrealistic story in the press to stay positive ... ugh.

2. we have absolutely nothing of value right now. you mentioned this earlier or later in this last set of updates -- ripped through these this morning after returning from an overseas trip. willingham isn't showing the RH power bat we had last year nor is morneau sniffing his once lofty MVP numbers. you mentioned perkins as a possibility, but you also mentioned the closer market being stupid, so i'll leave that. G&tG mentioned some article where plouffe was tossed around as possible trade bait. his numbers suggest a "perfectly adequate" 3B ... but i don't like this either. have him keep the sport warm for MEJOR and provide one of the only RH bats in our lineup.

it's a sad day when trevor plouffe is profiling as your most dangerous RH bat.