Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKepler, Minier make 2013 debuts/Short-season news
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2200891
2200891, Kepler, Minier make 2013 debuts/Short-season news
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jun-25-13 07:33 AM
After staying behind in extended spring dealing with a mysterious elbow situation that kept him from playing the outfield, Kepler is in Cedar Rapids for his full-season debut. After the weekend, he's at .278/.350/.444. I could see the Twins moving him quickly if his mature approach continues to play against full-season competition.

Amaurys Minier is the next name we may need to become familiar with. I can't recall the bonus total exactly, but I'm pretty sure he's only behind Sano among Dominican signees for the Twins. He's another big 3B, but with less giant-ness than Sano and fewer questions about his future position. Good power. Good hit. .364/.500/.909 over the weekend. He's only seventeen. Keep an eye out.

For once, the E-Town team is packed with pitching instead of hitting. Guys to watch include 19 year old righthander Felix Jorge, Minnesotan lefty Austin Malinowski, Kuo Hua Lo, and Yorman Landa.