Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDo we *want* to dial back the Buxton hype?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2194461
2194461, Do we *want* to dial back the Buxton hype?
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jun-11-13 01:21 PM
I mean, stuff happens. Prospects don't pan out. But then JJ Cooper, esteemed Baseball America writer went on a Buxton jag on twitter.

In order:

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 9 Jun
I have now seen Buxton bat three times. He's 0-for-0 with three walks. Doesn't swing at balls out of the zone. #pleasethrowhimastrike

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 10 Jun
Jeimer Candelario lines a clear double in the lcf power alley. Scratch that. Buxton runs it down and makes it look easy. Insane range.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 10 Jun
Ok buxton just topped his first great catch with an indescribable diving catch near 407 sign in lcf. should be on espn/mlb tonight

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 23h
Buxton pulls a 93 mph Pierce Johnson fastball for a bases clearing double. I need a cigarette and I don't smoke.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 21h
I normally have no way to answer "when is X" being promoted questions. But I'll say this Byron Buxton is done with the MWL.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 21h
He may be here through the All-Star Game next week, but he is simply too advanced for the opponents he's facing.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 17h
Hamilton significantly faster. But Buxton is an 80 RT @MattErskine: How does the speed of @OfficialBuck103 compare to that of @b_ham_3 ?

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 15h
OK, I'm not done gushing about Buxton. He robbed two other hits today as well. Took away potential doubles from Candelario and Almora.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 15h
Should make clear. Buxton is the best teenager prospect I've seen in person. Haven't seen everyone (missed Harper/Trout).

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 15h
Best teenager I saw before this was seeing Andruw Jones as a 17/18 year-old for 60+ games in 1995. Was BA Minors POY that year.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 15h
To wrap up my Buxton stuff for the night (maybe). Best teenage prospect I've ever seen. I've been doing this nearly 20 years. #notascout