Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAaaaaand more pitching
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2193103
2193103, Aaaaaand more pitching
Posted by Walleye, Fri Jun-07-13 02:45 PM
I love the Stewart and Eades picks. Hate the Stuart Turner pick. Is plus defensive catching really such a big deal that it needs to be acquired in the third round? I'm sure a review of #78 overall picks will reveal a grand total of, like, 2.4 WAR among forty-odd players. But still. Give me upside or give me death here.

Back to the good, I liked the sound of Stephen Gonsalves when we first started talking about this draft. 6'5" lefties with low-90s stuff don't grow on trees, and folks like his changeup already. There's a lot to try and project, but our quite-good system is desperately low on lefty starting candidates so this is a good pick here.

Aaron Siegers is interesting. At 6'10" I have to hope that he makes it and we can pair him with Alex Meyer in the rotation so we can have the best basketball team among MLB starters.

Navaretto is okay to me too. This was a curiously strong class in prep catching so it would have been weird to not take one. Though with Chris Herrmann looking like an MLB bench player and Josmil Pinto kind of breaking out in AA, maybe it's not as much of a position of need as it initially seems.