Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMEJOR made his third hotsheet appearance on Friday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2171076
2171076, MEJOR made his third hotsheet appearance on Friday
Posted by Walleye, Mon Apr-29-13 09:03 AM
Fun fact: Byron Buxton has walked more than he's struck out so far this year. While pretty much all of pro baseball is tending towards three true outcomes, it's interesting seeing a young player who was noted for being extremely raw put together a decent contact rate whilst also taking a bunch of pitches. It's against the current wave, and it's great considering his speed.

"3. Miguel Sano, 3b, Twins

The Scoop: With a peak Hot Sheet chart position of No. 1 (last week) and two other top-10 finishes (including No. 3 this week), Sano is the top hitmaker in the minors. His eight-hit, three-homer week bumped his season batting line to .377/.430/.753 through 77 at-bats, and he now owns at least a share of the Florida State League lead for home runs (eight), RBIs (20), runs (17), slugging and extra-base hits (13). Oh, and despite being a teenager in a pitcher’s league, Sano is tied with Max Muncy (Athletics) and Scott Van Slyke (Dodgers) for most home runs in the minors."

Lots of Twins in the chat too:

"Ben (Iowa): Who has a higher ceiling? JO Berrios or Alex Meyer?

Ben Badler: Meyer. The combination of velocity, life and angle on his fastball is filthy, and his slider has a chance to be a 70 pitch. Pitchers with Meyer's size need to be given a little more time for their control to come around, and if he just has 50/55 major league command, you're talking about a frontline starter."

"Miguel Sano (Ft. Meyers): What the hell am I do here and when will I be promoted up to New Britain?

Ben Badler: The Twins are usually on the conservative end of promotions, although with Aaron Hicks and Oswaldo Arcia maybe that's changing. But with Sano, yeah, I don't see him spending too much more time abusing FSL pitchers."

"Steve (SHS) (Sioux Falls): Byron Buxton has been impressive no doubt in SSS so far. To be fair, is it more impressive that he boasts a 13/12 BB:K ratio or that he may force the Twins hand to promote him to the Florida State Lg. before the season is mid-way through.?

Ben Badler: How about we just say that everything Buxton has done so far has been impressive. He's got bat speed, he can hit, he recognizes pitches, he's a 70 runner, plays good defense in center field and I think he's got the chance to end up with 50 or better raw power, maybe even a 25-homer season because of his contact frequency, bat speed and physical projection. This guy is a monster."