Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHot, hot Twins affiliate assignments
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2155770
2155770, Hot, hot Twins affiliate assignments
Posted by Walleye, Sun Mar-31-13 07:11 PM
Got a favorite prospect and want to know which league he shall be whaling upon this season before his inevitable promotion and rise to fame? Here are assignments of noteworthy prospects:

AAA Rochester
-Kyle Gibson
-Bruce Pugh
-Sam Fuckin' Deduno
-Anthony Slama
-Deolis Guerra
-Chris Herrmann
-Joe Benson
-Oswaldo Arcia

AA New Britain
-Mike Tonkin
-Alex Meyer
-Trevor May
-Alex Wimmers (DL)
-Josmil Pinto
-Danny Santana

A+ Ft. Myers
-Madison Boer
-Zach Jones
-Adrian Salcedo
-Eddie Rosario
-Miguel Sano
-Levi Michael
-Nate Roberts

A Cedar Rapids
-Luke Bard
-J.O. Berrios
-Hudson Boyd
-Mason Melotakis
-Manuel Solimon
-Niko Goodrum
-Jorge Polanco
-Travis Harrison
-Byron Buxton
-Romy Jimenez
-Adam Walker

Soooooo, we've got a good system now so there are actually reasons to pay attention to all of these. That doesn't always happen. Arcia's promotion to Rochester gives them, along with Gibson, an upside that occurs in addition to the usual "these guys will be MLBers". Bruce Pugh is a bullpen name to watch though. I saw him this summer and he had some back-of-the-pen stuff. And Sam Fucking Deduno will be there. Enough said?

I think New Britain has the least interesting affiliate, but May and Meyer fronting that rotation make it noteworthy on its own. Wimmers should be out until mid-summer at least, but he'll be interesting when he returns. And if Danny Santana is going to take the leap, this is where he needs to show it.

Ft. Myers has the star power with Rosario and Sano. This wont be an easy stop for them because it's a very, very difficult place to hit. So if they do, you have my permission to freak the fuck out.

Cedar Rapids is probably the best affiliate here, which is nice in case any of you are planning a road trip. To Iowa. They've got legit prospects at every position but catcher (and the recently converted Tyler Grimes is still pretty interesting) and that Jimenez, Buxton, Walker outfield could be one of the minorleague's best. Fun stuff in Cedar Rapids this year.