Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCool out, I'm a Spurs fan too. I already stated that Neal doesn't
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2140107&mesg_id=2140138
2140138, Cool out, I'm a Spurs fan too. I already stated that Neal doesn't
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Mar-02-13 03:26 PM
have good handles (which you agreed with) and therefore won't be in contention to whoo-ride. Only thing he does better than Parker is shoot better from mid to long range jumpers. I've yet to see him drive the ball to the basket (or even attempt to) with the same authority and will as TP. If his hammy heals up, he will definitely see some more minutes (more so on the tail end of TP's departure). And knowing Pop, TP's minutes will be minimal when he returns. So I do think Neal will get more minutes when his body heals up (from my limited knowledge, I think it's a day to day thing).

If Neal isn't seeing increased minutes, then who is Pop plugging in there? Patty Mills? Joseph? Or will Manu (who's been battered more than any other Spur this year)handle the point more? Spurs will be okay down the stretch, but the wins won't come nearly as easy w/o TP imo.

The home court advantage is a big deal if they're playing OKC. Last year the Spurs got up 2 games at home then went to OKC and collapsed. I don't think it matters vs. anyone else but the Thunder.