Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTop 5 Tony down
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2140107
2140107, Top 5 Tony down
Posted by hardware, Sat Mar-02-13 01:40 PM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/307921586801999872

Spurs say guard Tony Parker is expected to be out for approximately four weeks with a Grade 2 left ankle sprain.
2140110, Gary Neal Whoo Ride.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Mar-02-13 01:45 PM
2140114, Would love to see it, but I don't think he's got great handles...
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Mar-02-13 01:55 PM
His minutes will certainly increase, but I don't expect him to be bringing the ball up the court every possession like TP. It will be interesting to see how Pop tinkers with the line-up. Good news is that he will have plenty of time to recover for the playoffs. Bad news is, that lead on the Clips/Thunders is going to be in serious jeopardy and the Spurs really need that home court advantage (more so against the Thunder) if they want to make a serious run at the Championship.
2140130, wrong, wrong and wrong
Posted by FILF, Sat Mar-02-13 02:43 PM
Neal has been battling a chronic calf strain for about half the season, which is why he has been in and out of the rotation. Pop has said he will hold him out until he's 100% b/c it keep reoccurring. Thus, there goes the Gary Neal whoo-ride. Even if he was health, Neal is a mediocre ball handler thus would have been a struggle...but Pop still insist on playing him at the point when he was healthy (ala the tragic Roger Mason Jr. backup PG experiment)b/c he LOVES shooters. With that said, De Colo has been getting the starting nod this season when Top5 has been inactive, so I wouldn't bet on it but he's probably starting next game. Patty Mills would be the primary backup by default but Manu will be the play-maker for the second unit. We might even witness a Corey Joseph's sighting straight out of the D-League.

The Spurs just finished a 9 game road trip 7-2 and have the best road record in the league & you're telling me they NEED home-court over anybody?!?!?!? Not to mention the Spurs core has more post-season experience than anyone in the league and Pop is still at the helms. (The only contender in the west that NEEDS home-court are the Nuggets, not the Clips, not the Thunder, not the Grizz)
2140138, Cool out, I'm a Spurs fan too. I already stated that Neal doesn't
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Mar-02-13 03:26 PM
have good handles (which you agreed with) and therefore won't be in contention to whoo-ride. Only thing he does better than Parker is shoot better from mid to long range jumpers. I've yet to see him drive the ball to the basket (or even attempt to) with the same authority and will as TP. If his hammy heals up, he will definitely see some more minutes (more so on the tail end of TP's departure). And knowing Pop, TP's minutes will be minimal when he returns. So I do think Neal will get more minutes when his body heals up (from my limited knowledge, I think it's a day to day thing).

If Neal isn't seeing increased minutes, then who is Pop plugging in there? Patty Mills? Joseph? Or will Manu (who's been battered more than any other Spur this year)handle the point more? Spurs will be okay down the stretch, but the wins won't come nearly as easy w/o TP imo.

The home court advantage is a big deal if they're playing OKC. Last year the Spurs got up 2 games at home then went to OKC and collapsed. I don't think it matters vs. anyone else but the Thunder.
2140136, Nando De Whoo Ride
Posted by Silologistix, Sat Mar-02-13 03:08 PM

Posters in High Griffinition.

Don't think-FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! © Bruce Lee
2140156, manu might go off if he can stay on the court.
Posted by rob, Sat Mar-02-13 04:52 PM
if there's any whooriding it will be night to night with neal, patty, and de colo
2140172, Yeah, it's plug-n-play when it comes to the Spurs.
Posted by Silologistix, Sat Mar-02-13 05:46 PM
They keep it simple: move the ball and rotate on defense.

Admittedly, I have both Parker and Ginobili on my fantasy squad so I'm hoping you're right about Manu going off.

Posters in High Griffinition.

Don't think-FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! © Bruce Lee
2140151, welp. Bron as MVP is a lock now
Posted by Lach, Sat Mar-02-13 04:28 PM
2140153, Now?
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Mar-02-13 04:46 PM
2140235, imo Parker was in the conversation
Posted by Lach, Sat Mar-02-13 10:59 PM
I mean if he had finished with the best record and playing as well as he was, why not?
2140236, he's in the conversation like "if it wasnt for Bron, Parker is MVP"
Posted by guru0509, Sat Mar-02-13 11:11 PM
..lol but I dont think he's a legitimate contender
2140244, Durant tho.
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Mar-03-13 12:12 AM
2140154, #ReleaseThePatty
Posted by Szabo, Sat Mar-02-13 04:51 PM