Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti have no faith. none
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2139635&mesg_id=2139700
2139700, i have no faith. none
Posted by thejerseytornado, Fri Mar-01-13 12:15 PM
this has been a great ride, but coming into the season (and with Whittington), we thought we were a bubble team with potential. we hoped Porter would be almost this good and we'd be a respectable at-large team.

i'm so flabbergasted by the past month or so, that making the sweet sixteen is a huge win for me, even as it'd probably be a disappointment with regards to our seeding.

one of the problems of being a slow-paced, grind it out team is that statistical anomalies (armon fucking bassett's random day of 3 point shooting prowess) are more harmful when they occur. If you play only 60 possessions and are about 10% better than your opponent, you're less likely to win than if you play 70 or 80 possessions and are 10% better than your opponent.

anyway, i'm nervous as shit. plus, it's a really thin team--after DSR, the bench options are limited. Bowen is high energy but doesn't really do anything well other than fly in for the occasional, amazing, HUGE offensive rebound (but that's not enough to warrant time). Moses Ayegba is a defensive and rebounding beast, but has no offensive abilities to the point that he can really only play against a zone, otherwise he drags the offense down.

it's a 6, maybe 7 man team with two bigs who are foul prone.

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.