Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCanelo not fighting on Floyd PPV cause Floyd won't agree to fight(swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2138948
2138948, Canelo not fighting on Floyd PPV cause Floyd won't agree to fight(swipe)
Posted by southphillyman, Wed Feb-27-13 11:27 PM
bad for floyds numbers and Showtimes pockets I guess
but it means we get two good boxing weeks close together
the fact Canelo opted out of a PPV date on Cinco de Mayo to headline a broadcast fight on Showtime makes me think that money wasn't right either

----

Canelo Alvarez still has much to prove in the ring, but there is little question that outside of it, the WBC super welterweight champion is one of the sport's biggest attractions. The 22-year-old Mexican ranks with Julio Cesar Chavez and Adrien Broner as the sport's top under-30 attractions.

Alvarez has dreamed for more than a year of a match with Floyd Mayweather Jr., and seemed a perfect fit as Mayweather's opponent for the pound-for-pound king's planned Sept. 14 fight. That is Mexican Independence Day weekend and promoters always try to place a Mexican star on a major card in Las Vegas to leverage the influx of Mexican tourists.

Alvarez, though, lost a standoff with Mayweather. He'd agreed to face WBA champion Austin Trout, and was willing to do it on May 4 as the chief undercard bout to Mayweather's welterweight title fight on Showtime pay-per-view at the MGM Grand Garden Arena with Robert Guerrero.

In return, Alvarez wanted a written guarantee that he'd get Mayweather on Sept. 14. When Mayweather refused to give that, Alvarez opted to headline his own date.

Austin Trout holds the WBA super welterweight title (Getty Images)He'll face Trout in a battle of unbeaten champions in a WBA-WBC unification bout on April 20 in San Antonio on Showtime.

"Canelo said he wouldn't fight on the May 4 undercard unless he had a written contract to fight Floyd , assuming he won and assuming Floyd beat Guerrero," Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said. "Floyd told us he didn't have a problem fighting Canelo, but he wasn't going to sign anything now. He said, 'All of my focus is on Guerrero,' and I'm not signing anything to fight anybody until after that fight is over.

"Canelo feels he's his own man and can carry his own event. He knows there are people who doubt him and, I agree with you, it's a risky fight for him. But this is what Canelo wants. He is his own boss and we do what the fighters want."

Alvarez unquestionably would have given a boost to the May 4 card. The fight card is on Cinco de Mayo and is another Las Vegas date that traditionally has a major Hispanic presence. Alvarez is so popular among Mexicans and Mexican-Americans that it is not out of the question that he could have added another 200,000 or 250,000 buys to Mayweather's pay-per-view totals.

At $65 per pop over an additional 200,000 buys, that would have been another $13 million in the kitty, which is nothing to sneeze at.

The decision to put Alvarez on a separate date carries risk for both Alvarez and Mayweather.

First, Alvarez is fighting a very difficult opponent in Trout and he is far from a guarantee to win. Normally, fighters like Alvarez who are on the brink of a mega-payday against someone like Mayweather don't want to risk it by taking a tough fight first.

In addition, Alvarez will lose some of the media exposure he would have gotten had had fought on Mayweather's card. The media turnout in San Antonio will be lucky to be a fifth of what it will be for Mayweather's show on May 4.

It carries risk for Mayweather, too, however. With Alvarez off the card, the interest from the Mexicans and Mexican-Americans will be slightly less. If the Mayewather-Guerrero fight did 1.25 million, say, which seems to be a fairly good guesstimate, and it would have done 1.5 million with Canelo-Trout headlining the undercard, that's a massive chunk of money that will be missing from Mayweather's pot.

But good for both of them. In the long run, Alvarez opted to take a difficult fight to prove he's worthy of a shot at the best. And Mayweather is doing what professionals do and focusing solely on the task at hand and not looking ahead to other opponents.

Because of the Alvarez-Trout show on April 20, though, Schaefer he'll move the featherweight title fight between Daniel Ponce de Leon and Abner Mares to sometime in May, possibly May 18.

Golden Boy will have two solid shows on Showtime in the two weeks preceding the Mayweather-Guerrero card in order to help promote it. In addition to Alvarez-Trout on April 20 (which will also include a Mayweather-based All-Access preview show), Golden Boy is promoting an April 27 card headlined by Danny Garcia and Zab Judah on Showtime
2138960, I smell duck...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Wed Feb-27-13 11:38 PM
http://polkaperson.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/white_duck.jpg
2138993, all roads lead to Mayweather
Posted by AlBundy, Thu Feb-28-13 01:09 AM
-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
2138964, manny lost
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Feb-27-13 11:41 PM
actually...he got fucked up.
2138971, May isn't stupid. He learned his lesson after dealingl with the Zab
Posted by all stah, Wed Feb-27-13 11:57 PM
judah situation.

Canelo's camp is not bright for asking for something like that.

The great thing I love about may is that he fights fighters who are coming off of wins and not losses. He catches them at their peak. Manny does not do that.

Canelo could very well get his ass kicked against trout. So if may were to guarantee a fight against Canelo, and canelo loses before the fight, then mayweather would be forced to face a losing fighter. That would cap the interest on the fight and it wouldn't have the same appeal.

Plus, if canelo loses and still wants to face may, may could ask for even more money because canelo would have no leverage. He would be coming in as the losing fighter.

You remember may had signed to fight zab before zab's fight against bladomir. Well, zab lost that fight, but may had to fight him anyway. And since zab fought bladomir at a catchweight, the fight wasn't sanctioned as a title fight, and zab was able to keep his belt. However, zab was known as a paper champion after the fight, so when mayweather took the belt, people said that may didn't really beat the champion...That's when may had no other choice but to fight bladomir.

2138975, the requested agreement was based on both fighters winning.......
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Feb-28-13 12:07 AM
floyds money is guaranteed by Showtime
and Canelo is probably looking at a 80/20 split PPV at best regardless of circumstance

basically not a single thing you typed was relevant to the article
but between u and bags reply i see yall niggas scared as shit of that duck duck goose revealing itself

oh but thanks for providing an example of floyd making a deal like that in the past
now we know it's not some integrity based never overlook an opponent type tradition of his
2138991, RE: the requested agreement was based on both fighters winning.......
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:50 AM
I didn't see the assuming that he won part.

But you clearly on some agenda stuff, but I am not on that.

And there is no guarantee that may would get 80/20 considering that canelo is mexican, so the mexicans go wherever he goes, giving him leverage.. ....so you can't assume that it would be a 80/20 split.

Canelo would be better off building his worth and value giving him better leverage, as oppose to trying to go after the gold while he is still trying to make a name for himself....

Guaranteeing to fight a fighter after an upcoming fight isn't smart business, and it's stupid of canelo to ask for something like that when he has to face trout....focus on trout..

He should have jumped on the bill anyway...and if both of them wins, then people would be clamoring and shouting for may vs canelo fight...

Plus what would may look like allowing canelo to call the shots on a fight or how a card should go?...

may waited his turn for dela hoya, and dela hoya called all the shots...that is how it supposed to go. not the other way around,

youngin better sit the fuck down somewhere

2139062, i didn't even say anything negative about this
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Feb-28-13 10:29 AM
my mere presence makes yall niggas go into plea cop mode
like i said i actually like this better because now we get two boxing events instead of one
tho with canelo bouncing i'll just wait for the floyd/ghost replay as opposed to buying it
but floyd money is guaranteed so that's whatever to him
all that unnecessary plea copping is meh
floyd money straight, canelo is a GBP fighter and is down with drug testing, and it's the best available fight.
aka no obstacles
if floyd wants it canelo is ready
2139080, RE: i didn't even say anything negative about this
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 11:05 AM
>if floyd wants it canelo is ready

FOH with this bullshit. Canelo is a full fledged middleweight. mayweather is a fighter who came all the way up from featherweight to WW

The reason why may fought at MW was because dela hoya wanted him and cotto wanted a piece, so he fought them at their natural weight ...NOT HIS NATURAL WEIGHT

canelo has fought 10 times as MW!...floyd has fought 2 times at MW...

niggas need to stop throwing martinez and canelo's name out their with floyd's name...

fucking middleweights picking on a WW ...but floyd is ducking??

shit ..martinez and canelo need to fight ...why?...because they are fucking MW

Same reason I hated halger all those years for calling out ray ..why you calling out ray when ray is a fucking WW and you are big ass mw?....but ray was ducking?

2139101, oh ok canelo is too big for floyd to ever consider
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Feb-28-13 11:37 AM
I (and 99% of the boxing community) disagree
but k
2139115, RE: oh ok canelo is too big for floyd to ever consider
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 11:53 AM
not my fault you don't know shit about weightclasses.

"And Alvarez has been criticized for fighting Lopez, a much lighter man who has competed most of his career at 135 or 140 pounds and never has weighed in at more than 144. That was his weight for his stunning defeat of bigger welterweight Victor Ortiz, who had his jaw broken by Lopez in June."

yeah, we know canelo's steez already, picking on lighter fighters...take his ass up to SMW and fight some real bangers ..him and martinez are too scared to do that

Canelo probably walks around at 170/180 since he fights at 154. ...floyd walks around at about 150, because floyd is a natural LW ...

nigga please!.

2139118, RE: oh ok canelo is too big for floyd to ever consider
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 11:57 AM
lol Canelo's not *that* big. I've stood next to him and Floyd and Canelo is a bit bigger than Mosley (who is bigger than Floyd) - so he does hold a real size advantage against Floyd --- but to call him a Super Middleweight is inaccurate. He's 5'9 and 154 is the maximum weight for him right now. At this point in his career it's more accurate to classify him as a light middleweight - but he's rapidly on his way to being a full fledged middleweight.

-->

The planets are the chakras -
they are the organs. The organs
must play Harmonic again in the
Orchestra of the Organic Organism.

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com
http://bit.ly/K71yjf

#TruSparta x #Innerstanding
2139021, ^^
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-28-13 07:41 AM
2139020, Mayweather vs Morrales sept 14th watch
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-28-13 07:40 AM
i have no intrest at all in watching mayweather have another sparring session vs a mexican ricky hatton

the canelo trout fight sounds more interesting

i wouldnt be surprised if mayweather fights manny next

2139042, lol@ niggas always talking about floyd ducking fighters who WONT beat him anyway
Posted by the_time_is_when_god...lounge, Thu Feb-28-13 09:29 AM
2139065, actually, most boxing experts give Canelo a real chance against Floyd
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 10:33 AM
but this argument would fit right in on First Take.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139074, Most experts gave ________ a chance to beat Floyd before he fought them
Posted by the_time_is_when_god...lounge, Thu Feb-28-13 10:58 AM
2139090, incorrect.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 11:20 AM
but understandable - many a layman try to opine on the science.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139154, False ..only opponent that anybody gave a serious chance was DLH
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-28-13 12:37 PM
and maybe Zab

fohwtbs
2139092, you didn't catch 50 on first take this morning? said PBF ducked Pac
Posted by bentagain, Thu Feb-28-13 11:23 AM
50 basically said you don't leave $100 million on the table

and said Floyd ducked Pac
2139097, I just saw it. Interesting interview.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 11:28 AM
>50 basically said you don't leave $100 million on the table
>
>and said Floyd ducked Pac

He also said Floyd wasn't afraid of Pac and it was more of a power struggle between Floyd & Top Rank (which happens to be my stance on it).

that said - 50's comments do hold merit because as he stated - he was actively involved in the negotiations and was close to making the fight.

Floyd should've taken the fight - both for $ and for legacy. He'll regret it.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139100, RE: I just saw it. Interesting interview.
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 11:35 AM
He is not going to regret anything, because look at pac now. Mayweather would have eaten pac alive, considering may destroyed JJM, and JJM destroyed pac several times.

I'm glad that fight didn't happen, because I really believe had that fight taken place , and with the money that was on the table, floyd would have retired afterwards.....

I also got a feeling that JMM is going to get a rematch....that fight got money written all over it.

2139103, rematch is the only thing you said that made sense.
Posted by bentagain, Thu Feb-28-13 11:38 AM
had they agreed to a fight during the initial negotiations

which was what...

3 years ago?

they would be looking at a trilogy by now

Floyd wouldn't be doing an american idol search for opponents

saying he would have retired had he made that much money then

makes it sound like he's only fighting for money now

which contradicts the notion that not getting the Pac fight done wasn't in his best interest
2139133, RE: rematch is the only thing you said that made sense.
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:14 PM
there wouldn't have been a trilogy, because pac sucks at fighting against counter-punchers.

pac should be singing blessing to the gods that he was allowed to eat for as long as he did.

He should be thanking mayweather for not pushing the fight...

why are we talking about manny anyway?...He's history.

2139134, he's also still the biggest money draw
Posted by bentagain, Thu Feb-28-13 12:16 PM
regardless of your opinion

or the KO

he's still the biggest $$$ opponent for Floyd

still
2139141, 0_0
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:23 PM
2139528, lol
Posted by AlBundy, Fri Mar-01-13 12:59 AM
-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
2139104, it's boxing not transitive mathematics bruh
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Feb-28-13 11:40 AM

>Mayweather would have eaten pac alive, considering may
>destroyed JJM, and JJM destroyed pac several times.
2139116, RE: it's boxing not transitive mathematics bruh
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 11:56 AM
dude, mayweather would have murdered that no-defense having motherfucker...

he would have been disgusting to watch ...pac has/will always be a sloppy defensive fighter, who can't do shit against great counter punchers.

clottey/JMM....

and floyd is the master counter puncher of them all.
2139105, 50 Cent - Yea...he's 100% objective on maters involving PBF
Posted by the_time_is_when_god...lounge, Thu Feb-28-13 11:43 AM
2139120, I considered that, but given 50's history of shit talking
Posted by bentagain, Thu Feb-28-13 11:58 AM
he usually goes for the throat

tries to get as personal as possible (see Rick Ross's baby mama)

I don't think 50 is gonna make shit up to get at PBF

if anything

he's going to reveal personal information that is the most damaging (and probably true)

he already made some statements about why they parted ways business wise

he did also say that he still thinks Floyd would win the fight
2139123, lol you're killing me
Posted by the_time_is_when_god...lounge, Thu Feb-28-13 12:05 PM
2139086, that's what makes his ducking so aggregious....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Feb-28-13 11:17 AM
I am certain that Floyd will never fight a great fighter who is in his prime....

Low to risk....high rewards...

that's the route he's been on ....it's made him successfull...and he's going to stay on that road.
2139089, RE: that's what makes his ducking so aggregious....
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 11:20 AM
yeah, he's ducking a MW

*rolls eyes*
2139112, RE: that's what makes his ducking so aggregious....
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 11:49 AM
>yeah, he's ducking a MW
>
>*rolls eyes*

Canelo is bigger than Floyd, no doubt --- which
is why many give him a real shot in the fight (along
with his considerable offensive abilities/strength/durability).

But Canelo is no bigger to Floyd than Floyd is to Pac - and Floyd
has fought at 154 twice before (Oscar & Cotto) - so it's feasible,
particularly considering Floyd is much more filled out in his
upper body and 150 is a comfortable weight for him.

I would say if the fight is made, Floyd should insist on a catch weight at about 150-151.

Floyd is already one of the greatest pound for pound fighters to ever
live - but I think he still is hungry for a legitimate super-fight
that can carry him even further. Pacquiao would've been that super-fight...and I actually think he would've coasted past this version of Pacquiao, whereas I think he'll have his hands full w/ Canelo. But I do think Floyd both wants & needs a super-fight against an ascendant P4P fighter (like Canelo) before Floyd retires. Why? Because Floyd believes he's the best fighter to ever live (and i think he has a legitimate claim to that *if* he can win a true legacy superfight) -- Fights against Guerrero-type opponents won't do much for his legacy at this point.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139122, RE: that's what makes his ducking so aggregious....
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:01 PM
the same pac that forced most of the fighters to drain themselves in order to fight him?

and mr. "I only pick on littler guys" canelo?

mayweather does not play weight games, and the only reason he fought JJM at a bigger weight is because JMM CAME up to WW and called Floyd out on cable!.....and said I want floyd next and we are going to GO AFTER HIM.

FLoyd did not call JMM out...see the difference?

pac played weight games...now canelo is playing weight games ...but floyd is ducking and needs a legitimate fight?

it's never going to end...dude will never ever get any credit.

sugar shane was a juicer
margz was a cheater
the golden boy was a substance abuser
manny is a cheater and manipulated fighters...

all may does is go out and fight.

2139132, I just called him one of the greatest to ever live...
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 12:14 PM
and said he's an inch away from having a legitimate claim
as the best fighter to ever live.

But that's not giving credit?

lol ok

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139140, RE: I just called him one of the greatest to ever live...
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:22 PM
I'm just saying, man.

Every year there this so called fighter who can beat floyd,and that floyd should fight him, and if he does not then floyd is ducking

It goes all the way back to Baldomir ....He destroyed Zab, and people started screaming for floyd vs blad...He gotta fight baldomir..If he doesn't,then he's a ducker ...he destroyed bald

then it was the golden boy...and he aint shit until he fights the golden boy

then hatton came ....and at the time hatton was undefeated ...

and so on and so on..

Now it's canelo ...He gotta fight canelo to define his career....

and people forget that he destroyed the lightweight and featherweight divisions ...

He does not need shit else to define his career.

2139146, RE: I just called him one of the greatest to ever live...
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 12:28 PM
>I'm just saying, man.
>
>Every year there this so called fighter who can beat floyd,and
>that floyd should fight him, and if he does not then floyd is
>ducking

I agree - there is that continuous narrative from those who really want to see him fail. No doubt - but that doesn't mean that there aren't legitimate superfights out there for Floyd that honest/neutral (even those supportive of Floyd) fans want to see him challenged in.

Even though people feel Cotto is past his prime (and he is) - the Cotto that fought Floyd was supremely motivated and really pushed Floyd - and Floyd responded with brilliance and multi-facetedness that we haven't seen in recent fights. It did further justice to Floyd's legacy.

>It goes all the way back to Baldomir ....He destroyed Zab, and
>people started screaming for floyd vs blad...He gotta fight
>baldomir..If he doesn't,then he's a ducker ...he destroyed
>bald

anyone who considered baldomir to be a legacy fight for floyd was just retarded and/or lusting for a Floyd loss.

>then it was the golden boy...and he aint shit until he fights
>the golden boy
>
>then hatton came ....and at the time hatton was undefeated
>...

The only time i ever gave a fighter a chance against Floyd was Hatton - and I was wrong, learned my lesson, and haven't picked anyone to have a shot at him since. However, I might pick Canelo over Floyd at this stage - but realizing i could be very wrong again.

>and so on and so on..
>
>Now it's canelo ...He gotta fight canelo to define his
>career....
>
>and people forget that he destroyed the lightweight and
>featherweight divisions ...
>
>He does not need shit else to define his career.

no he doesn't - he could retire today w/ his legacy intact. But
would he go down as the greatest ever? I don't think so - and that's largely because if he retired today, he wouldn't have that legacy rival on his ledger that he was able to elevate over....Pac could've been that rival that would've gone down in the history books (even if you think Pac had no chance) -- I think Canelo can go down as that as well as I think Canelo has a very real shot of being the heir apparent. I don't think Floyd is taking this 6 fight deal because he's wholly satisfied -- i think he wants more.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139150, RE: I just called him one of the greatest to ever live...
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:33 PM

>The only time i ever gave a fighter a chance against Floyd was
>Hatton - and I was wrong, learned my lesson, and haven't
>picked anyone to have a shot at him since. However, I might
>pick Canelo over Floyd at this stage

so, basically, you still have not learned your lesson.

lol
2139162, RE: I just called him one of the greatest to ever live...
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 12:42 PM
Canelo /= Hatton

not even a little bit.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139067, no prob w/ Floyd not guaranteeing fight or Canelo jumping PPV card
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 10:36 AM
Canelo is already legitimate draw/headliner in his own right.
Him being on Floyd's undercard would vastly bump up the PPV numbers -
it's good for Canelo's leverage power if/when they do actually
negotiate a fight.

As for Floyd, I don't blame him for not wanting to sign a guarantee
that he'll fight Canelo next. Appropriately, all of his focus should
be on Guerrero (even though I think he's a soft touch for Floyd) - but
he shouldn't be worrying about the next fight already.

That said, Floyd-Canelo is the biggest fight that can be made in boxing right now and I hope it's made.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139110, the argument could be made that setting up a big future fight that's
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Feb-28-13 11:47 AM
dependent on you winning your next fight could serve as motivation to focus harder on the next fight
that's how unification tournaments work
either way it's floyds prerogative and i think he'll end up fighting canelo twice over this 6 fight deal
mainly because i'm not sure how it can be avoided, viable alternatives just aren't out there
i'm mostly admiring how aggressively canelo is pursuing the match up
obviously money is an incentive but like u said canelo is in position to stake out his own financial footprint with or without floyd
gotta give him props for the fact he's willing to take a short term financial setback basically over principle
2139160, RE: the argument could be made that setting up a big future fight that's
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 12:40 PM
I admire Canelo's risk-taking. He easily could take a soft
touch and not fight Trout - but he's taking on Trout - who
looked pretty damn dynamic against Cotto. I like it because
if Canelo can't handle the craft of Trout - then he can forget
about Mayweather.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139236, Trout getting consecutive fights with Cotto and Canelo is shocking
Posted by Lightfoot, Thu Feb-28-13 02:50 PM
If you had asked me a year ago who his next two opponents would be, I probably would have thrown out names like Bundrage, Molina, maybe Kirkland--but never Cotto and never ever ever ever ever Canelo.

I'm still sort of scratching my head about the whole thing. The fact that both of them chose to fight such a tricky and dangerous fighter even though he brings no money and little name recognition to the table is seriously one of the most pleasant surprises I've seen come of the boxing business in recent years.
2139335, very. Particularly after he looked so good vs. Cotto
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 06:02 PM
Trout was honestly the last person I thought Canelo would
voluntarily fight with a Mayweather bout hanging in the air.
Good for him - and good for Trout, he deserves the shot.

>If you had asked me a year ago who his next two opponents
>would be, I probably would have thrown out names like
>Bundrage, Molina, maybe Kirkland--but never Cotto and never
>ever ever ever ever Canelo.
>
>I'm still sort of scratching my head about the whole thing.
>The fact that both of them chose to fight such a tricky and
>dangerous fighter even though he brings no money and little
>name recognition to the table is seriously one of the most
>pleasant surprises I've seen come of the boxing business in
>recent years.

absolutely.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139131, me too but i honestly think he is gonna try to fight manny next
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-28-13 12:12 PM
canelo will have more leverage and be a bigger risk
manny will be prolly still manage to be bigger payday(ko and all)
and the risk might be lesser
>
>That said, Floyd-Canelo is the biggest fight that can be made
>in boxing right now and I hope it's made.

2139158, seen. lol @ that game of thrones gif
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-28-13 12:39 PM
Cised for season 3.

-->

(c) Innerstanding

www.astralquest.com

2139139, lol@ Pactardia migrating to Canelopolis
Posted by SeV, Thu Feb-28-13 12:19 PM
before pac went into seizures he ain't deserve a fight with pbf

now Floyd ducking

funny how that happened..

smh

Dallas Heatvricks BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!!
2139153, he isnt ..yet but when he does will you admit it?
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-28-13 12:35 PM
probably not
2139164, RE: he isnt ..yet but when he does will you admit it?
Posted by all stah, Thu Feb-28-13 12:43 PM
who has he ducked?

every fighter that the public wanted, may delivered, except for pac.

And basically may was doing manny a favor by not fighting him ..pac was able to get away with that bullshit style for a couple more years.

I'll never forget when everybody was screaming shane, shane, shane..after shane whooped margs....shane even went into a the ring and disrespected money on cable ...

Money said fuck it ..I'll fight you ...fought shane and whooped his ass....what did the people say?..."oh, naw, fuck that, shane was out of his prime!"

If floyd fights canelo, and then beats the living shit out of him ...the people will scream: naw, fuck that, canelo wasn't ready ..he was still raw and too young..

I'm tired of every last one of you bums
2139237, Honestly, Floyd should move to 168 and fight Andre Ward.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-28-13 02:51 PM

Seriously

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2139342, it is what it is dont matter manny got bodied
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-28-13 06:13 PM
when it mattered the fight didnt happen
and its mostly cause of Floyd

let him beat this tomato can
and watch yall pretend he was ever some kind of threat or we all got cysed

then we will repeat again in 8 mos

LOL every fight the public wanted he delivered
the public only really wanted one fight and that shit never happened

DLH,Zab,Hatton

Shane can qualify but nobody wanted to see that more than fucking pacman.

after that it's migets and tomato cans

2139254, fucking hobos
Posted by PG, Thu Feb-28-13 03:26 PM
2139398, Canelo deserves a fight, but not a written gauruntee...too soon
Posted by TRENDone, Thu Feb-28-13 07:55 PM
i wonder if that ruins canelo's chances to fight floyd forever.