Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectand your post wasn't designed to provoke a response?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2138867&mesg_id=2304172
2304172, and your post wasn't designed to provoke a response?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Mar-05-14 03:37 PM

>as far as reductive arguments go, i'm SURE u of m truly
>"supports" rapists.

****Gibbons thanked the coaching staff for their support, and he specifically thanked Hoke for giving him an opportunity to kick despite on-field issues early in his career under former coach Rich Rodriguez. Hoke became head coach in 2011.

“I’d like to thank coach Hoke for giving me the opportunity to kick here after my struggles and believing in me and for Team 134 (the Michigan 2013 team) for having my back ever since I’ve been here,” Gibbons said at the banquet.****

Gee, sounds like support to me. Especially that part where Gibbons thanked the coaching staff for their support. You're welcome, Brendan!

Banquet speeches aside, playing the kid despite knowledge of his sexual assault was an implicit sign of support from the staff/university.

>the mark of a troll (speaking from experience I used to
>troll all the time on here)

I know your distorted self-image leads you to believe otherwise but you are STILL a troll. But please continue to cry about others trolling. The lack of awareness is really funny.

>is refusing to reply to the
>substance
>of the post and just bring up extraneous shit nonstop.

I didn't see an outright "refusal". You popped shit and then Guru popped shit back about an issue that's current and far more important than some prediction made a year ago.

And there's nothing extraneous about it. A rape cover-up is relevant and interesting. 2 things that the on-field football program for michigan is not. For a guy that blogged about free tattoos like it was his part-time job, you'd think you'd get it. But apparently not.

>I've accepted this is guru's schtick and it's behavior like
>that that has diluted the quality of these boards.

Yes, because bumping up a year old thread to type out "LOL" 20 times really added a new level of thought provoking complexity to this board.

I must have been asleep for the "golden era" of okp when this board operated as a formal, university style debate competition. I'm not sure what deluded fantasy you've concocted but this place is the same as it's always been...a sports message board where people talk shit all day. Get over it.