Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti think you just completely misinterpreted
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2138525&mesg_id=2139156
2139156, i think you just completely misinterpreted
Posted by thejerseytornado, Thu Feb-28-13 12:37 PM
my point was that bringing in sexuality is unnecessary to the point of the question (is te'o an unreliable liar and/or publicity whore). just like bringing in beastiality is unnecessary to discussions of marriage.

>I dont want to assume, but I guess the answer to my question
>was 'yes' since you didnt answer it all??

its not an appropriate question. dude's sexuality has no bearing on performance, his sexuality has no bearing on being catfished, and to in any way use his sexuality--for whatever reason you can conjure--to change whether or not you draft him or how your interview him for pre-draft discussion is to discriminate based on sexuality and as such is entirely immoral to me.

there's NO good that can come from asking a specific player about his sexuality. it's irresponsible and it privileges potential homophobia over being a moral employer.

the problem of lying about being catfishes is that he lied about being catfished. you want to see whether or not he'd lie again, sure. that's reasonable.

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.