Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthey coulda put it downtown, end result woulda been the same
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2134355&mesg_id=2134539
2134539, they coulda put it downtown, end result woulda been the same
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Feb-20-13 03:11 PM
at least it was attached to a sandwich shop that had been open for a couple decades, that area gets enough traffic that everything else there's been open since since the 90's plus rent probably a bit cheaper.

But it's just such a narrow niche to try to go forward with if that one storefront is your sole source of revenue.

I ended up hitting it up while home over Christmas one afternoon as we were getting gas & heading to a party in NYC.

Really wanted to get a pic in there with Z & some Puffz for OKP comedy reasons but I'm almost slightly relieved because I was with my man (a notorious enough asshole amongst our friends that he was dubbed 'The Root Of All Evil' around the time Step In The Arena dropped).

He was driving & happened to be in a UCLA hoodie (result of a bet I'd lost to him that resulted in me hitting up the Westwood bookstore on my way out).

He's been going back & forth on our shared college-hoop email chain with my man who's a Duke fan like Coolidge & Ba.

Anyway, I suggested we pick up some puffz plus wanted that photo opp, 'Evil' decides he wants to go in with me & talk to Big Z too.

When I asked what he was gonna say, he replied 'I'm gonna tell him to get a chiropractor & grow a dick' as a means of returning to the league.

Now I'm having mixed emotions walking up, part of me wanted to see that exchange but the other part of me was thinking 'man, I'm too old for this shit' because poor Z would have been blindsided.

Luckily (or unluckily for the pic & the story purposes) it was just some young college kid working the counter who was real nice & had us in/out within 2-3 minutes as we surveyed the scene with his Duke jersey hanging on one side in a frame & the Haddonfield jersey on the other.

However anytime I see a place with one of those Macbook style cash-registers/credit-card-machines, it's generally a telltale sign of a not-very-serious business to me.

Like out here in Santa Monica with some of the boutique shops on Montana Street that pretty much exist for millionare dudes to fund as a tax-write-off & give their bored wives something to do during the day.