Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI would take Malone over Robinson every damn day
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2131321&mesg_id=2131732
2131732, I would take Malone over Robinson every damn day
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Feb-14-13 06:52 PM
Shit Malone might be the most underrated player ever, reading this thread at least. Later in his career he was not that great in the playoffs (ironically the team around him was at its best, the western conference arguably at its worst), but it wasn't a habitual thing.

The guy ran the floor as well as anyone I have ever seen and was a master of the pick and roll. He could face the basket or post up on offense, he was the PF playing the center's offensive role way before it was fashionable. He generally played with a shot blocker and didn't do that too often but he was a very good man defender. He had spectacular hands and good range for a big, too. There really wasn't a hole in his game.

Barkley and I guess Robinson were better rebounders. Barkley was a better one-on-one player but who needs that when you've got Stockton? I would take Malone's post game. There is no denying Malone had a better career than Barkley. It pains me to admit it, but he was also the better player.