Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyou're right -- MLB just gets called 'America's Pastime' fuck a Globe!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2126026&mesg_id=2127009
2127009, you're right -- MLB just gets called 'America's Pastime' fuck a Globe!
Posted by celery77, Wed Feb-06-13 02:20 PM
>And MLB hasn't been called an intellectual/artistic voice of
>my generation.

again -- good point. it's just been called the game which defines our American-ness. a Golden Globe + EW cover seems downright paltry when compared to plaudits such as that. perhaps Lena Dunham needs to be more ambitious.

or do we really want to argue over the amount of ink spilled over baseball compared to the amount of ink spilled over Lena Dunham? because I think we both know which is leading in that category...

>That its "smart" and "socially relevant" is being forced
>up me, is the status quo, is the reason its popular.

oh right, because I don't regularly hear Jalen Rose (or any other # of talking heads) tell me that 'sports are a reflection of society.'

really?

because last I checked, society wasn't 100% male.

>Any and all attempts to intellectual 'Girls' is a farse.

and yet here we are in 2013 and Barry Bonds can't get into the HOF because of why? and you're really going to tell me that it's useless to create meaning out of the 'Barry Bonds' controversy? I just don't see that being you, O_E

so yeah -- anything written about Girls outside of the show is a fabrication of the critic's mind, same as anything written about why Barry Bonds wasn't amazing at swinging a stick at a ball is a fabrication as well. but people still write about that shit, don't they? sheeeeeit -- Congress spends their time and money calling baseball players to the Hill! fucking holla back when Lena Dunham is getting Congressional hearings because of a plotline gone wrong on her show.

lmao @ calling that shit a false anology

we don't even disagree that much on this one, prolly a good point to lay it down, but if you're really gonna say Girls:Sports is false, then I know you're just in full bullshit mode...