Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectoh, so you're asking a simple Q then complicating the A -- got it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2126026&mesg_id=2126944
2126944, oh, so you're asking a simple Q then complicating the A -- got it
Posted by celery77, Wed Feb-06-13 01:35 PM
>The question is why the show exists to begin with, why it
>got an HBO slot, why its constantly being written about,
>and why I have to waste my time debating dumb shit like
>this.

the show exists cuz HBO pays for it and people respond to it (you could have saved yourself a lot of typing).

I'm not even bullshitting, I have *no idea* why that warrants such the response it does. you wanna know what TV makes me mad? "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" makes me mad. Girls? I think Girls is funny. there's not too much else I need to worry about that show with.

now if I was talking to a person who was trying to tell me Girls was an artistic revolution? well yeah, that would be a different discussion. the only Girls fans I've talked to so far just tell me, "I REALLY LIKE IT!" because they don't feel the need to go around arbiting the taste of others (like, let's be honest here O_E, so many men do).

AND

that's Kareem's gift in this post -- he says "Girls has something?" it doesn't need to be any more complicated than that, and Kareem sees that because he's confident, self-assured, and unthreatened by a white girl telling white girl stories.