Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectStill doesn't seem worth it to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2125388&mesg_id=2166381
2166381, Still doesn't seem worth it to me
Posted by Tek4mula, Mon Apr-22-13 06:52 PM
The 49ers definitely have the draft capital to make a move like that but I wonder who they think is worth making that kind of investment in. If they could get get a lineman like Lotuleli or Floyd I could see it, but I doubt either of those guys will make it out of the top 10. After that group your looking at D-linemen like Sheldon Richardson, Sylvester Williams, Datone Jones, or Tank Carradine, and I don't see that much difference in these second tier guys. I'd rather wait and see who lasts till closer to the Niners pick and make a smaller move if necessary.

If their looking at Free Safety I see even less of a reason to move up. Vaccaro appears to be the clear number 1 safety right now, but if the 49ers are looking for a guy who be the last man back in the deep third and come up and support the run I could think of a half dozen guys who are comparable to Vaccaro. While they might not be quite as good I think you could get better value out of guys like Reid, Cyprien, Rambo, Swearenger, or Thomas.

Whatever the 49ers do, it should be an interesting weekend. I can't wait to see what Baalke will do.