Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm not sure Nnamdi is a good fit to replace Rogers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2125388&mesg_id=2147517
2147517, I'm not sure Nnamdi is a good fit to replace Rogers
Posted by Tek4mula, Thu Mar-14-13 07:54 PM
I still like Carlos Rogers but he definitely showed some signs of slowing down last season. But he really is the best guy on the roster to play the slot corner position by a pretty wide margin. I thought Perrish Cox might be able to help in that role but he looked very rusty when he got on the field last season and I wouldn't count on him for anything. I could see Culliver taking Rogers spot in the starting line-up next year but I think Rogers will still have value as the nickelback.

I don't know how much of Nnamdi's struggles were do to his role and how much was him getting older, but I think one thing it is safe to take away from his time in Philly is that he is an abysmal option as a slot corner. If he's going to have any success with the 49ers I think it would have to be playing out wide in man coverage which would mean taking snaps from either Brown or Culliver, who I think are out best outside cover guys.