Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectfinally checking in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2125388&mesg_id=2129685
2129685, finally checking in
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Feb-11-13 03:49 PM
that game was some bullshit, the way we started was some bullshit, them refs was some bullshit, and our late play calling was some bullshit. but shit's over, can only look forward while learning from what took place.

we have to put shit out of reach and go back to playing with a lead. the game is totally different for us when we do. being neck in neck in either of the last two games we played in and they're not even close IMO, but you expend so much energy making big comebacks and it becomes a war against the clock too....also, while he was on the field, Justin Smith from last year's playoff run wasn't there. Had he been, no question in my mind that we pop bubbly, but that's the nature of the beast....shoulda used that deer antler...

ANYHOW

i guess the big trade talk is what will be done with alex and the possibility of revis. i'm not particularly fond of doling out a lot of long-term money on a position that is so dependent on athleticism and speed to a guy who's coming off major injuries over the past few years. don't want another nate clements type of situation, although revis is better than clements ever was. the one thing about our front office that i'm confident in is that they will NOT just hand over the checkbook to someone.

i'd like to think that our team has become one that players are willing to take somewhat less for to join, which can help us stay around the top in the coming years. but my prime focus is the area where this team has been primarily constructed...

the DRAFT: with 11 picks, i expect some prime value to be obtained, namely at least one pro-bowl caliber player in the secondary, and a similar type of player on the defensive line. would be nice if there was a beast at NT that would allow us to draft/develop more speed on the outside, since we don't have much of a pass rush outside of what Justin sets up for Aldon, and Brooks occasionally.

on that note...hoping Aldon keeps his ass somewhere safe this offseason and J Smitty rehabs well for what may be his last year in the league. Kaep gonna work hard and ball the fuck out next year. need to finish this shit right though.