Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think it's still 50/50
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2125388&mesg_id=2126310
2126310, I think it's still 50/50
Posted by Tek4mula, Tue Feb-05-13 04:16 PM
Harbaugh will always talk up his own guys but you have to include the subtext which generally has to do with price. I'm sure the 49ers would love to bring Goldson back at the right price, but I'm not sure the Niners value for him will match up to what he can get on the open market.

The 49ers have been pretty consistent under Baalke in setting internal values on players and sticking to it. They don't really get caught in bidding for guys and have been more than willing to let guys walk if they want more than what the 49ers were offering. We saw it last year with Josh Morgan, Harbaugh consistently talked about how much they wanted him back until he got the offer from the Redskins and then the Niners just moved on to the next guy and signed Manningham for less.

Goldson has been trying to get top dollar for two years now and after a couple pro bowls he might be able to get it, I just don't think the Niners will go that high to get him.