Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: San Francisco 49ers off-season post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2125388&mesg_id=2125534
2125534, RE: San Francisco 49ers off-season post
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Feb-04-13 03:19 PM

>The Bad: -Justin Smith and Frank Gore aren't getting any
>younger.

I figure we've got our running game set. We're deep enough at the position to keep Gore as fresh as possible for a play-off run.

>-Greg Roman has double agent tendencies

Well, we certainly need better redzone plays. Him and Harbuagh need to work that shit out and start right plays exclusively for Kaep.

>-The cats out of the bag...Our secondary can be had.

Last night there was definite room for improvement, that's for sure. Culliver looked awful. On the other hand, Flacco just made some tosses that no one should have been able to catch, yet Boldin and Jones somehow did.

>Free Agents: Dashon Goldson, Issac Sopoaga, Delanie Walker,
>Randy Moss, Ricky Jean Francois, Ted Ginn Jr., Larry Grant,
>Clark Haggans, Leonard Davis, Tavares Gooden, Tramaine Brock,
>Darcell McBath

Of those, we need Sopoga and Walker. Walker won't be expensive, so I think he can re-sign him without that much of an issue. I like Goldson, but I'm not ready to break the bank for him. We can find a cheaper free-agent stop-gap and draft his eventual replacement.

>What are our needs?

D-Line. Kicker. Maybe a safety. A kicker we can get via free-agent.

>What are we looking for in the draft?

See above, but I say go for the D-Line. Maybe another WR.

>Justin Smith surgery?

Hope not, but it may be necessary.

>and everybody's favorite topic...What will happen with Alex
>Smith?

Well, hopefully we trade him to the Chiefs. Maybe the Browns; him and Norv working together again would be good for Alex. Regardless, I'd rather not let him hit the open market and let him get picked up by the Cardinals.

Still feeling good about our prospects for the future.