Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNobody's probably happier that Dorner is gone than Warren Coolidge
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2123982&mesg_id=2132096
2132096, Nobody's probably happier that Dorner is gone than Warren Coolidge
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Feb-15-13 12:43 PM
it's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Although I don't see the resemblence..... People swear I look like dude. Which made these last couple of weeks a little hectic.

I live close to Torrance CA where the 2 older newspaper delivering ladies where ran up on by the police and shot multiple times because they were in a truck....

That's what really got me thinking....maybe I should lay low till they catch this guy...considering they are shooting old ladies in the city next to where I live.

So as the manhunt heated up...more and more people started telling me I resembled this guy....even the kids at school.. "Hey Mr. Coolidge...you look like that dude"

then friday night I get a text from my friend Marc Brown whose a newscaster on ABC 7 out here.... he's like "E.... lay low man....we are getting word of sightings of this guy all over the city and the police are going up in places with guns looking for this guy"

So then I'm like....man...people are really concerned about this for me. Now of course my wife is super upset and tells me to basiclly stay in the house...lol.

So the next morning on my way to a conference I stop by and see my mother....Mom is in a board and care home...she has dementia and had a stroke last year. Anyways I'm there watching some TV with moms...the news is on..and they show Dorner. My mom looks over at me.....I know what she's thinking......She can still talk and knows everyone...so she says... "you have the same shaped head as him" ...we laugh...then she says.... "go home, and stay there"....

so now my wife is upset...my mom is upset.....I'm actually kind of shook by now.... I don't want the police to draw down on me.....nor do I want any of the people that live round these parts who think that Obama is gonna take their guns to pull out heaters on me.

so I go to the conference...its' a parent conference for community parents regarding their students..... I give my speech.... then ask for questions....... first question "Mr. Coolidge...you know you look like that guy".... I laugh it off and say I know...

So then this week at school it's even worse...the kids want to take pictures of me and send them to people...I tell them....now this isn't as funny as it was....

anyways...I stopped shaving my face....and would leave my glasses on all the time just to make it look less obvious..... and was honestly very close to doing the unthinkable...letting the hair on my head grow out.... I've been shaving my head for 20 years ..

so when the day comes comes dude is hemmed up in big bear...all week I been dealing with my co-workers joking how they were going to take me in to get the million dollar reward...now that they had a specific location for dude ...I figured I could venture out of the neighborhood. I needed to go to Costco in torrance...didn't tell the wife of course.

anyways I go to costco after work ..while in costco of course..I walk past a guy who says "Hey...you know you look like that guy" my answer this time is no...he's in Big Bear.... Then this guy...a white guy....starts to tell me, "You know I'm really pulling for Dorner..I'm on his side".... I tell dude, "Get the F out my face with that man."..... So what was I supposed to do...cosign that??? When one of these tea party torrance people shoots me in the head they can say "well...I heard him giving Dorner props"

So now that dude is gone...I could finally shave......

took the wife out to dinner for Valentines day last nite.... the guy next to us at the bar... "Hey you know you look like dude"..... ha ha...

then we sit at our table...the people next to us keep looking...finally the guy says...."I'm sure you've heard this...but you look like Dorner"

at least now I can answer....well no...he's dead..

Looking like the most wanted man in America is not a comfortable exprerience at all...