Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFocusing on losing weight.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2123982&mesg_id=2126168
2126168, Focusing on losing weight.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Feb-05-13 02:12 PM
Not a big guy, mind you... just soft around the middle and generally out of shape. All the time spent at my desk mixed with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the move in between which involved loads of eating out and food on the road (read: fast food) shot my weight up to a place I wasn't comfortable with.

Changed the diet at the start of the New Year. High protein, low carb. I did this same regime last year and I lost twenty pounds. Hoping to do the same and keep it off this year-- I find it's easier to keep weight off when it's warm off, so the Cali move should help me a great deal.

Being a writer with a busted elbow makes working out tough. I've taken up swimming three times a week (unless I'm running behind on my self-imposed deadline), and I've never felt more ravaged. It's been a while since my days of lifting weights, but swimming laps for the first time made me feel like I'd been smashed by a truck.

I'm generally restricted to swimming and running until I can find a solution for this nerve problem in my elbow... which I actually took steps toward today by switching to a new doctor, so hopefully the next doctor will be the one to solve it.