Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject9 lbs of pure muscle is impossible in 1 month
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2123982&mesg_id=2126149
2126149, 9 lbs of pure muscle is impossible in 1 month
Posted by Sponge, Tue Feb-05-13 02:02 PM
That's 2.25 pounds per week. The greatest gains from steroids from any research study is 2.5 pounds per week. Majority of drugged bodybuilders in one study gained 0.83 pounds per week. Other research has steroid users falling in the 0.9 to 1.1 pounds per week range. Another steroid plus training study had gains at just 0.66 to 0.75 pounds per week.

The max daily deposition of amino acids in muscles is 5-10 grams. Approximately 2 grams of water comes along with each gram of protein. So that's about a max of 30 grams of contractile proteins and water. You're conclusion says that you gained 145 grams per day which is 4.8 times more than the scientifically observed max. The realistic rates of muscle gain isn't that much: it comes out to about 0.5 pounds per week of lean body mass for natural trainees in the 1st year of consistent training.

There's a reason why the recommendation for natural trainees of shooting for an average of 1 total pound gain per week in the first year is so common: that's what the vast majority are able to gain without getting excessively fat in the process. Assuming average calorie/tissue partitioning - 50% fat and 50% lean body mass (some people will have better partition ratios) - that's about 0.5 pounds of LBM which is close to the daily max of amino acid deposition in muscles (and its accompanying water).

>I've put on 9 lbs of pure muscle in 1 month since getting a
>3-month gym membership for a birthday gift...I'm trimmer
>around the waist, yet I weigh more. From 160 to 169.