Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOkaySports GD Post: February 2013 - 28 Day Edition
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2123982
2123982, OkaySports GD Post: February 2013 - 28 Day Edition
Posted by ChuckFoPrez, Fri Feb-01-13 07:56 PM
I just saw Dikembe Mutombo in a GEICO commercial.

Wasn't expecting that.

Happier than Dikembe blocking a shot.

*plays guitar*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0fyUYB3cA
2123988, GEICO needs to hire Adebisi for a commercial
Posted by Kungset, Fri Feb-01-13 08:03 PM
2125001, "happier than Adebisi with fresh meat"
Posted by KosherSam, Sun Feb-03-13 09:22 PM
2124194, This groundhog thing has to be the dumbest thing ever
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-02-13 10:15 AM
2124197, dont you dare besmirch Punxsutawney Phil
Posted by guru0509, Sat Feb-02-13 10:39 AM
I need that early spring, bad.

2124297, Phil called for 6 more weeks of winter last year
Posted by ChuckFoPrez, Sat Feb-02-13 04:01 PM
and we got 3 weeks of 75+ degree weather in March.
2124198, And if you don't know now you know--OKS network
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Feb-02-13 10:40 AM

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2121688&mesg_id=2121688&page=
>I just saw Dikembe Mutombo in a GEICO commercial.
>
>Wasn't expecting that.
>
>Happier than Dikembe blocking a shot.
>
>*plays guitar*
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0fyUYB3cA
2124294, Let's organize a March Madness OKS watching party in LA.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Feb-02-13 03:51 PM
There's a bunch of y'all I want to meet. Seems like a great time to gather up, get some drinks, socialize, watch some hoops.

Would anyone be interested in this?
2124305, I'm Doin a meet and greet in Vegas, inbox for details
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-02-13 04:16 PM
For serious, ill be there if y'all want a beer. Possible special guest appearance by another poster as well
2124554, For March Madness?
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Feb-03-13 01:11 AM
Or just in general?

Shoot me an inbox either way. I'm a poor writer, but I'm interested.
2124565, First weekend of the tournament
Posted by Ceej, Sun Feb-03-13 02:22 AM
2125002, I might be in Vegas around that time, I'll let you know
Posted by KosherSam, Sun Feb-03-13 09:23 PM
2125327, Nice
Posted by Ceej, Mon Feb-04-13 09:02 AM
2128113, REUNION!!!
Posted by ErnestLee, Fri Feb-08-13 10:59 AM
Sarah where you at!?
2128861, I'll gain 50 pounds, get married, and take his place.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Feb-10-13 02:12 AM
2131140, I ain't fat no more cmon!!!
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:46 PM
2131553, Bacon only diet starts NOW
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Feb-14-13 01:11 PM
2131141, that'd be awesome.
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:47 PM
that was like....6, 7 years ago?
2131164, that was NAB 2008
Posted by KosherSam, Wed Feb-13-13 09:58 PM
2124556, I'm down
Posted by MothershipConnection, Sun Feb-03-13 01:35 AM
Save me from streaming 4 games from my monitors at work. Though that's not the worst thing in the world.
2131278, I'm down. I haven't paid attention to college ball in a decade though.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-14-13 01:12 AM
2131313, I'd be down, if I was there
Posted by ZooTown74, Thu Feb-14-13 08:08 AM
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Feb-14-13 11:15 AM
2131489, Holy shit. A Coolidge house party might be too fun to resist.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 12:27 PM
2131495, WYOKK
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 12:31 PM
2131510, A+ reply. Would read again
Posted by magilla vanilla, Thu Feb-14-13 12:47 PM
2131512, yeah, this should happen
Posted by soundsop, Thu Feb-14-13 12:47 PM
*edit* dibs on the rams bean bag chair
2131570, nobody sits in the Rams bean bag chair.....the wife can't even
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Feb-14-13 01:28 PM
sit there....lol.
2131572, lol
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 01:29 PM
2131703, LOL
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 05:26 PM
I'll bring my Duke fold-out.
2131515, Rummage through his gear for Kani
Posted by Deebot, Thu Feb-14-13 12:51 PM
jokes, jokes.
2131603, can I come?
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Feb-14-13 02:11 PM
2131509, I'm down
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Feb-14-13 12:46 PM
2131745, I'm in... I'll drive down from Bako
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Feb-14-13 07:27 PM
2124540, Holy shit, that Mutombo commercial is great
Posted by Marauder21, Sun Feb-03-13 12:49 AM
OkayBeerPeople (aka, white people,) anyone cop some Hopslam? It's out now. Or is this mostly a Midwestern thing?
2126142, nah, it's a big deal everywhere
Posted by will_5198, Tue Feb-05-13 01:57 PM
>OkayBeerPeople (aka, white people,) anyone cop some Hopslam?
>It's out now. Or is this mostly a Midwestern thing?

I have never cared enough to pay $20 for a six pack or show up within 20 minutes of the bar opening before their keg is dry
2124568, ever go to an auction or an estate sale?
Posted by veritas, Sun Feb-03-13 02:37 AM
and fuck around and end up with some really weird shit?

i got the wicker throne to own all wicker thrones and that's probably not even the third strangest purchase of my day.
2124579, Moving sucks/rules
Posted by MothershipConnection, Sun Feb-03-13 05:15 AM
I feel like I've fought a couple midgets after moving a bed, most of a kitchen, some Korgs and guitars, and my shit in general mostly by myself.

But having a place to yourself is pretty much the best. Goodbye roommates and all that hot mess.
2124682, Going to San Diego for vacation next week. Anybody live/been there
Posted by icecold21, Sun Feb-03-13 01:55 PM
and know any spots I should check out? I'll be out there for a week and will probably take a trip out to Vegas for a day or two, maybe a day in LA. I'm a little disappointed it won't be beach weather, but there's nothing I can do about that now. Gonna have to record All-Star weekend, which I'm not to thrilled about either, but whatever. I know a few people out there and my boy knows some people too, so it won't be too hard to find stuff to do, but if any of y'all know of some places that I gotta check out, let me know. Same thing for Vegas, because it's highly likely I'll make it out there too.
2125950, how into beer are you?
Posted by magilla vanilla, Tue Feb-05-13 10:50 AM
Because there's a GRIP of good breweries out there. And the WhiteLabs (one of three major yest producers for the brewing industry) testing lab.

Other than that, I'd recommend a daytrip up the way to La Jolla and a day in Balboa Park. Neighborhood out by the Gaslamp and the restaurant in the Sofia hotel were my favorite spots in the city. I'd also recommend checking out Chicano Park in Barrio Logan.

Also, sign up for car2go while you're out there. It's a pretty cheap way to get around the city without having the full rental car costs for a day (since you can rent point-to-point).
2127964, RE: how into beer are you?
Posted by icecold21, Fri Feb-08-13 12:06 AM
Me, not so much, but my boy is damn near alcoholic lol. Ill be sure to let him know. Ill try and check out the other places you mentioned and thanks for the heads up on the car rental, sounds like something that will definitely come in handy. Good looks man appreciate the tips.
2128168, The upside of San Diego's car2go service is it's all electric
Posted by magilla vanilla, Fri Feb-08-13 12:28 PM
and there's a massive charging infrastructure around the city. So you don't have to learn the sweet spot of the smart's auto-manual. And those electric motors are really punchy. I blasted a few dudes off the line in that thing when I visited.
2128857, lol nice. I'll definitely test them jawns out
Posted by icecold21, Sun Feb-10-13 01:21 AM
2131146, gas lamp district
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:49 PM
2131173, I found gas lamp really hit or miss
Posted by magilla vanilla, Wed Feb-13-13 10:14 PM
There are some good spots there, but there are just as many tourist traps.
2131275, Masala is a decent Indian restaurant....
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 01:09 AM
they have a good drink menu,
2137013, We did that on fat tuesday
Posted by icecold21, Mon Feb-25-13 10:36 AM
it was cool, we hit up like 6 or 7 different bars (we started EARLY) before we went back to this one called whiskey girl for the rest of the night. I wasn't overly impressed, but from what I was told it wasn't as poppin as it could be due to the "cold" weather. The best spot we went to was in PB called Bar West. Best females, nicest environment, shit was dope. Best restaurant I went to was Phil's BBQ. The ribs was BANGIN. Never used that Car2Go service, but I saw some of them around. we was chauffeured around everywhere usually. Fun times though, great place to visit, would definitely go back. Much different than the east coast.
2125919, Kai Smash needs to be shared with OKS - **MUST-SEE VIDEO**
Posted by KosherSam, Tue Feb-05-13 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7i1ASCS5o
2125938, you find your wetsuit yet, kosher?
Posted by Drizzit, Tue Feb-05-13 10:23 AM
that shit is beyond reason.
2125940, OK Fitness heads: how yall doing?
Posted by Deebot, Tue Feb-05-13 10:26 AM
I've put on 9 lbs of pure muscle in 1 month since getting a 3-month gym membership for a birthday gift...I'm trimmer around the waist, yet I weigh more. From 160 to 169. No supplements either, the only thing I've added to my diet since is chocolate milk. The last couple times i tried whey, my body had problems digesting it. I see they make a beef protein powder now, sounds interesting but I still prob won't fux with it. I don't care about getting huge, just as ripped as possible.

Been hitting the gym about 5x a week, alternating between lifting days and abs/cardio. Been keeping the diet on point too...cut out a handful of fatty shit that I was eating before (those Wal Mart Tagalong girl scout cookie knockoffs, biscuits, frozen pizzas). Also been cutting down on beer consumption, I've been preferring whiskey or sake now when drinking socially.
2126149, 9 lbs of pure muscle is impossible in 1 month
Posted by Sponge, Tue Feb-05-13 02:02 PM
That's 2.25 pounds per week. The greatest gains from steroids from any research study is 2.5 pounds per week. Majority of drugged bodybuilders in one study gained 0.83 pounds per week. Other research has steroid users falling in the 0.9 to 1.1 pounds per week range. Another steroid plus training study had gains at just 0.66 to 0.75 pounds per week.

The max daily deposition of amino acids in muscles is 5-10 grams. Approximately 2 grams of water comes along with each gram of protein. So that's about a max of 30 grams of contractile proteins and water. You're conclusion says that you gained 145 grams per day which is 4.8 times more than the scientifically observed max. The realistic rates of muscle gain isn't that much: it comes out to about 0.5 pounds per week of lean body mass for natural trainees in the 1st year of consistent training.

There's a reason why the recommendation for natural trainees of shooting for an average of 1 total pound gain per week in the first year is so common: that's what the vast majority are able to gain without getting excessively fat in the process. Assuming average calorie/tissue partitioning - 50% fat and 50% lean body mass (some people will have better partition ratios) - that's about 0.5 pounds of LBM which is close to the daily max of amino acid deposition in muscles (and its accompanying water).

>I've put on 9 lbs of pure muscle in 1 month since getting a
>3-month gym membership for a birthday gift...I'm trimmer
>around the waist, yet I weigh more. From 160 to 169.
2126159, I must have gained a few just working out at home before i got
Posted by Deebot, Tue Feb-05-13 02:08 PM
the membership then. Only been at the gym for 5 weeks now though. If some of the gain is fat, I don't know where it went on my body.
2126176, 9 pounds of lean body mass is a different story
Posted by Sponge, Tue Feb-05-13 02:18 PM
Lean body mass gain is more than just contractile protein gain (and its accompanying water) because muscle glycogen (stored form of glucose) and its water, sarcoplasm, etc. fall under LBM poundage. Like, even after just one carb load, some people gain 5-10 pounds without skinfolds increasing which would've been a a strong sign of body fat gain. The water got soaked up into lean tissue.

The thing about whey giving you digestive problems but not milk is slightly weird. Most digestive issues are due to lactose. And per gram of protein, milk (which is ~20% whey) in most cases gives you much more lactose than whey powders. Must've been the other stuff in the various whey powders that was the cause.
2126181, The whey thing is really strange....
Posted by Deebot, Tue Feb-05-13 02:23 PM
There was a period of time when I could digest whey shakes (mixed with milk), then all of a sudden it changed and I started getting strange reactions a few times in a row (with the same exact whey, mixed with milk), so I dropped it. I've also tried a protein bar recently and I had the same reaction I had with the whey. I start getting heartburn-like symptoms, and I start producing a shitload of mucus in my throat that I need to spit out multiple times. Very uncomfortable. I used to be lactose-intolerant as a little kid, but for awhile now I've been able to digest milk.
2126186, RE: I must have gained a few just working out at home before i got
Posted by Sponge, Tue Feb-05-13 02:26 PM
>If some of the gain is fat, I don't know where it went on my body.

The first month or so of training is a great period: it seems possible to lose some fat and gain some lean body mass even though the regimen (diet and training) is designed for primarily fat loss. It's possible that you shed some fat in your midsection but fat was deposited elsewhere that you don't notice. Going by appearance can be misleading sometimes. Skin fold measurements or other stuff like DEXA or Bod Pod is better.
2126168, Focusing on losing weight.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Feb-05-13 02:12 PM
Not a big guy, mind you... just soft around the middle and generally out of shape. All the time spent at my desk mixed with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the move in between which involved loads of eating out and food on the road (read: fast food) shot my weight up to a place I wasn't comfortable with.

Changed the diet at the start of the New Year. High protein, low carb. I did this same regime last year and I lost twenty pounds. Hoping to do the same and keep it off this year-- I find it's easier to keep weight off when it's warm off, so the Cali move should help me a great deal.

Being a writer with a busted elbow makes working out tough. I've taken up swimming three times a week (unless I'm running behind on my self-imposed deadline), and I've never felt more ravaged. It's been a while since my days of lifting weights, but swimming laps for the first time made me feel like I'd been smashed by a truck.

I'm generally restricted to swimming and running until I can find a solution for this nerve problem in my elbow... which I actually took steps toward today by switching to a new doctor, so hopefully the next doctor will be the one to solve it.
2126174, Cool, sounds like you know what you're doing
Posted by Deebot, Tue Feb-05-13 02:17 PM
and swimming is hard as fuck.
2131151, i heard facebook posting burns calories
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:51 PM
2131705, Up your posting then.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 05:27 PM
2128140, OE, how's the recovery going?
Posted by Deebot, Fri Feb-08-13 11:49 AM
2128144, I blew both tires doing 200m repeats with teenagers
Posted by Walleye, Fri Feb-08-13 11:55 AM
It turns out that I've got a bit more pop left in my legs than I thought I did, but that trying to open it up on indoor track curves (even pretty quality ones) isn't really in the cards right now. So I missed some time and am trying to add, add, add mileage again. It's hard when there isn't a lot of soft ground to run on, but I haven't added back much of the weight that I lost this past spring/summer (185 to 157) so I'm fine treading water until it gets a bit warmer. I don't have the same durability as I did when I was younger, but one fairly important ability that I've retained is being able to hold steady on fitness on just 20-30 miles a week for pretty long stretches of time.

The bigger question is what to do with that. I hate road racing, but it's becoming clearer that this is the best option if I want to pretend I'm still young and run a time that isn't embarrassing. On the other hand, I've always kind of wanted to have a real mile PR instead of the stupid one that I got from racing it once in college. Not a lot of 34 year olds have the opportunity to do fast stuff in real groups that I do, and I don't know how long that will last, so the latter is my preference but it depends on if I can turn it around and actually get in racing shape by May.
2128859, I'm one year past shredding my pectoralis major
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sun Feb-10-13 01:45 AM

And I'm looking and feeling pretty great.

I haven't bench pressed in a year, but now do
all kinds of other chest exercises and am about
85% as strong as I was pre-injury.

My chest will never be the same--it looks different,
feels different, is different. It gets creaky and
achy when I work it too hard and I'm always paranoid
I'm going to tear it again. That said, its pretty safe to say
that I'm "recovered" and overall my body has responded
well.

I might never bench press again, though. I was benching
quite a lot before I hurt myself....I just think the risks
outweight the benefits. Benching is the best chest workout
their is, but there are others that are safer. Proof is
in the pudding -- I've definitely added mass to my chest
in the last 6 months, just from machine bench press and
pushups.

When you hurt yourself that badly, you can either
lose or gain weight while unable to excerise. I went the
lost weight route, which I preferred. Walking to work
every day kept me lean, as did improving my diet.

Now that I'm back in the gym, I've added a good amount
of muscle and tip the scales at about 200 even.

I'm on the brink of changing my entire workout...which
direction, I don't know.

I'm about to follow my man Vex_ID on his bar tactics,
TruSparta style. I've explored the crossfit thing but
can't really seem to find an entry point. I'm considering
boxing again. I bought a bike and am exploring getting into
that.

For now, I'm just doing the basics and trying to keep lean
and strong.

Let me reiterate something that most of you probably know:

DIET IS EVERYTHING.

Its all about the food. That's how I recovered so well. That's
why I look as good as I did (or better) pre-injury.

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2128937, RE: I'm one year past shredding my pectoralis major
Posted by Deebot, Sun Feb-10-13 01:19 PM

>I might never bench press again, though. I was benching
>quite a lot before I hurt myself....I just think the risks
>outweight the benefits. Benching is the best chest workout
>their is, but there are others that are safer. Proof is
>in the pudding -- I've definitely added mass to my chest
>in the last 6 months, just from machine bench press and
>pushups.

I've been benching, but honestly I prefer machine chest press. Don't have to load/unload weights, don't need a spotter, and it ensures perfect form every rep. Alot can go wrong while bench pressing and adding alot of weight. For me it gets really hard to keep the bar stable once I get close to my max...even if my chest has the strength to lift it, my wrists and hands is a different story. They are tiny, like a woman's.

>Let me reiterate something that most of you probably know:
>
>DIET IS EVERYTHING.
>
>Its all about the food. That's how I recovered so well.
>That's
>why I look as good as I did (or better) pre-injury.

Yep that's the difference...it takes alot of work to plan healthy meals and eat them consistently, which alot of otherwise fit people don't have the energy for. And it helps to actually be able to cook your own shit.

Good to hear you bounced back mang.
2131269, Horrid. I've gone from 252 to 270 since my wedding.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-14-13 12:55 AM
I don't even know where to start at this point. The drama and chaos has kind lead to some seriously fucked up eating habits. That shit's become my alcohol lately.
2131357, Understandable. At least you recognize it
Posted by Deebot, Thu Feb-14-13 09:39 AM
2131401, I do all my exercising through iphone apps
Posted by twistyroad, Thu Feb-14-13 10:46 AM
Except for running.

V-ups, squats, pushups, dips.

I need that structure and gyms don't do it for me.

I never knew squats did so much for testosterone levels. My wife's happy.
2131423, I'm stayin' under 300 brother!
Posted by Buck, Thu Feb-14-13 11:21 AM
Getting old sucks.
2131478, I hit my old track at UCLA the other day
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Feb-14-13 12:18 PM
I haven't hit the point of full blown obesity, but have definitely felt a bit soft around the middle, so I hit the track at UCLA for the first time in 4 years or so. Pretty much felt like passing out after my first set of stadiums, but I felt good that I could still sprint as fast as the college kids. Thinking about hitting it again today and doing pyramid sprints (and looking like the crazy guy running 400s for no particular reason), and changing it up and running the hills at Silverlake Reservoir or Griffith this weekend. My endurance is pretty much shit at this point though, but it felt good to be back running.
2131514, I lost weight while my foot was injured...now I'm finally able to gain it back
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Feb-14-13 12:50 PM
Not being able to lift seriously + crutching around NYC = losing mass. I'm finally getting back to my Pre-injury routines and will soon (in a couple weeks) start legs again. Finally back on track...
2126187, My book got a paperback edition!
Posted by bshelly, Tue Feb-05-13 02:26 PM
Not sure if that's standard or not, but still, I think it's cool.
2126199, What about Kindle?
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Feb-05-13 02:38 PM
2126206, no mention of ebooks
Posted by bshelly, Tue Feb-05-13 02:41 PM
2126432, props nm
Posted by vik, Tue Feb-05-13 06:45 PM
2131165, Sweet
Posted by HowieDooem, Wed Feb-13-13 10:03 PM
It's been on reserve at the library at U of Washington the entire time I've been enrolled here. I'll probably just buy it now.
2131274, Awesome. Congrats.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-14-13 01:09 AM
Any chance for a second?
2131299, No shit. Its the authority on the topic.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 05:31 AM

You're that dude, been in fact

(C)Keith Murray, "
2126425, i moved to a duplex and my neighbor immediately died
Posted by veritas, Tue Feb-05-13 06:26 PM
i mean, not immediately, like 9 days later, but that's kind of a mindfuck.

killed in a car accident. had just talked to her the day before. barely knew her at all. strange feeling.
2128147, weird.
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Feb-08-13 12:07 PM
2128268, I had almost the exact same experience
Posted by celery77, Fri Feb-08-13 02:29 PM
moved into the top floor of an apartment, introduced myself to the downstairs lady on moving day to say, 'hi I'm your new neighbor.' she was insanely icy. only other interactions I have are when she comes up to let me know when I'm being too noisy.

within the first month, right after I have an out-of-town friend visit and we enjoy ourselves a bit, I get a call from the landlord. I'm absolutely dreading it because I'm certain it's going to be a noise complaint from downstairs.

turns out downstairs lady had just died in a car accident. her daughter will be around to clean out her things.

very weird. I ended up with her vacuum because her daughter was getting rid of it and offered it to me first.
2128273, That worked out well for you
Posted by Deebot, Fri Feb-08-13 02:43 PM
2128276, I never was quite sure how to feel about it
Posted by celery77, Fri Feb-08-13 02:50 PM
it was definitely a strange feeling, though
2133201, sorry for your loss and all but get your truck the fuck out of
Posted by veritas, Mon Feb-18-13 12:36 PM
my driveway.

i've managed to fight those words back down about 12 different times.

bah well. so it goes.
2128272, just found out this wk my g/f used to watch Art Alexakis do smack
Posted by celery77, Fri Feb-08-13 02:42 PM
back before Everclear was shit. dunno why it even came up, she just says, 'oh yeah, I've even tied that asshole off before.'

the shit you learn about loved ones lol

remember Everclear? that Sparkle + Fade album is quietly one of the GOAT heroin albums imo.
2128274, That dude always bugged me
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Feb-08-13 02:46 PM
Maybe it was his voice, maybe it was his obnoxious face, maybe it was AM Radio.

I think it's mostly the voice, but AM Radio is legitimately one of my most hated songs. Is he as big of a cunt as my imagination has made him out to be?
2128278, reputedly as cunty as cunts get, even before he was 'famous'
Posted by celery77, Fri Feb-08-13 02:52 PM
ever seen My Own Private Idaho? he was basically just one of those junkies hanging around Old Town dreaming of being big in a rock + roll band. the fact that he made it so far on three chord power ballads (were they even three, though? maybe like one or two if we're being honest) definitely says some kind of thing about the greatness which is the US of A.
2131740, Shit, he made those three chords work though.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 07:14 PM
Some thoroughly enjoyable depressing pop rock on three or four albums before it all just started to dim.
2132156, Heard an Alexakis anecdote on Pete Holmes' podcast 30 sec after reading this
Posted by Jayson Willyams, Fri Feb-15-13 02:13 PM
Thought I was having a stroke and my brain was just vomiting phantom experiences as it fizzled out.

Apparently Art was seated on a plane next to comedian Matt Braunger's mom. She so impressed him with her intelligence and world view that Alexakis basically pleaded to meet her offspring. Braunger tried to sell him a screenplay and never heard back.

Not that interesting, but it was weird to go 10 years without hearing anyone mention Art Alexakis' name, and then come across it in two totally separate contexts within a minute's time.
2128279, A close friend of mine is getting out of prison on Sunday
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Feb-08-13 02:52 PM
Going to go pick him at 7 a.m. Dude's been locked up for more than 10 years (Fall 2002).

I'm happy he's getting out, but I'm seriously worried about him. It's hard to enough to get a job in this economy, much less if you're an ex-convict. Plus, dude got paroled to the county that he was living in at the time, but has absolutely no connection to now. And that county has shit in way of parolee services. I feel like he's getting set up to fail.
2128280, focus on the positives -- you'll be living a scene from the Blues Bros.
Posted by celery77, Fri Feb-08-13 02:54 PM
(but seriously -- damn ... hope your cynicism is unfounded ...)
2130904, Hope yall havent had meat today or you'll burn in eternal hellfire
Posted by Deebot, Wed Feb-13-13 02:41 PM
I however had some chicken, and it was delicious.
2130907, Is sausage meat?
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 02:42 PM
2130911, nice try, Cere.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Wed Feb-13-13 02:43 PM
2130913, No, we know bacon is meat
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 02:45 PM
2131142, you're such a hoe
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:48 PM
2130929, Depends on the quality of it I guess
Posted by Deebot, Wed Feb-13-13 02:54 PM
2130908, I'm not religious at all and I'm giving it up for the entirety of Lent
Posted by magilla vanilla, Wed Feb-13-13 02:43 PM
I went out to get pancakes at lunch- because who can really resist a tradition that involves pancakes?- and thought "well, if I'm gonna do the fun, unhealthy version of this, I might as well do a healthy version." My only caveat to going full vegan is that I'll be eating fish.
2130912, My only caveat to not drinking alcohol is that I'll be drinking beer
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 02:44 PM
>My only caveat to going full
>vegan is that I'll be eating fish.
2130909, Rare is the day when I don't eat some sort of meat.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Feb-13-13 02:43 PM
2130914, Is it also the way you like your meat?
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 02:45 PM
Me, I'm a medium guy but I need some blood.

I hate the medium that is all gray aka NOT MEDIUM.
2130920, Personally I don't like to actually taste the blood
Posted by Deebot, Wed Feb-13-13 02:49 PM
it's too irony-metallic tasting. I like a proper medium.
2130924, I hear ya. Some places go a little too far
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 02:51 PM
>it's too irony-metallic tasting. I like a proper medium.
2131491, AGREED. Your answer was on point and non-hoeish.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 12:28 PM
2131493, What if that was the post that started that whole thing???
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 12:29 PM
That would be hilarious.
2131147, so grizzled.
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:49 PM
2130926, Please don't eat living things, unless they come from water
Posted by Deebot, Wed Feb-13-13 02:53 PM
because that's ok.

It's better to eat salmon that's dropping off the face of the planet instead of an abundant meat, fools!
2131484, I'm not doing it for environmental stewardship
Posted by magilla vanilla, Thu Feb-14-13 12:23 PM
I'm doing it because I've been eating way too much unhealthy shit recently. SO if I make most of my meals primarily veggie based, with an allowance for fish here and there, I'll be in a much healthier place after six weeks.
2131492, Not to be a hoe, but I think you missed it
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 12:29 PM
His post was anti lent not anti magilla needs to drop some lbs.
2131520, ^
Posted by Deebot, Thu Feb-14-13 12:53 PM
2131628, ahh gotcha. Yeah, tracks over my head n shit
Posted by magilla vanilla, Thu Feb-14-13 02:57 PM
2131139, Jeopardy Teen Tournament Swagg
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvU_uJkOHH0&sns=em
2131143, leonard is awesome
Posted by cereffusion, Wed Feb-13-13 09:48 PM
but he was wrong

little indian kid could have won.
2131157, What's crazy is he made the finals cuz of the triple zero last week
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-13-13 09:54 PM
Talk about dummy final jeopardy bets.
2131187, Damn. White people are actually mad. Its not a joke.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Feb-13-13 10:35 PM

Crackas wasn't saying this when Babe Ruth called his
shot

Unbelievable

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131391, wtf? that could have been an epic L dude.
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Feb-14-13 10:36 AM
2131392, 25 grand is still pretty good
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 10:39 AM
2131439, true but he'd never live down that final answer.
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Feb-14-13 11:31 AM
i respect the hubris but his math was incorrect.
2131519, He's smarter at 16 than you'll ever be and gives no fucks
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 12:52 PM

He woulda taken that 25K and bee smiling like
shit

And you'd still be mad

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131591, i am having trouble sleeping at night because i'm so mad at teen jeopardy
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Feb-14-13 01:48 PM
2131593, try nyquil
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 01:51 PM
2131595, makes me groggy in the morning
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Feb-14-13 01:52 PM
and when I'm groggy I can't do math right either.
2131516, You COULD be a good poster.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 12:51 PM

You aren't.

He COULD HAVE lost.

He didn't.

Cry.
2131590, you're really weird
Posted by cereffusion, Thu Feb-14-13 01:47 PM
2131609, Says the mad at a 16 y/o
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 02:27 PM

Wanna cookie?

(C)Keith Murray, "
2132038, nobody rustles your jimmies like I do
Posted by cereffusion, Fri Feb-15-13 11:29 AM
you do yourself a dis-service when you over-react. all I said was his math was wrong and it would have been a tragedy if the indian kid answered the question right and won.

i'm just looking out for the kid. you should do the same.
2133092, He was on the TODAY show today
Posted by Ceej, Mon Feb-18-13 09:22 AM
He knew the kid on the far right could catch him but he said he was only a Freshman and was gettin Military history questions wrong so he didnt think he was gonna get it right when the final category came up.

So he DID know the situation.
2133310, You mean he had a strategy? Nope. Put him at Wide receiver.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Mon Feb-18-13 02:02 PM

Have him runt he wildcat

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131393, How do Asians feel?
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Feb-14-13 10:39 AM
2131397, Or strict carnivores??
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 10:42 AM
2131578, Probably annoyed, a little slighted, but not really mad.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 01:32 PM

n/m

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131273, Hilarious
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 01:01 AM

2131267, Update from last month.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-14-13 12:54 AM
First, I started seeing a therapist. I've been having panic/anxiety attacks on a very frequent basis since summer, some days it's just an off and on stream of them. So I had one particularly rough week, beginning with my brother in law vanishing with my daughter for like 3 hours on super bowl Sunday without telling us where he was (he was supposed to bring her home from my mother in laws) and I kinda flipped out. My wife begged me to keep cool so I just snatched up my daughter when they arrived and examined her from head to toe because I assumed the fucking worst. I just hit the shower to some angry music after that. Fortunately, his whereabouts that night were verifiable. My wife's (and his) cousin is Jimmy Smith (of the Ravens, the guy who held Crabtree) so he brought her to another cousin's house with him to watch the game with family. Still, he fucked up and that's the last fucking time that dude will have my child in his hands.

Then came a weird ass day at work where I struggled to hold it together and called out the next. I decided there and then, it's time to start *really* dealing with all the bullshit. The first guy I found that accepted my insurance made time for me that evening, and it all seemed to fit like a glove through three sessions. Then Blue Shield said he's not within my assigned network or some shit, so that ended that. I'm looking through the network for a new one with little luck. Here's hoping though. He's suggesting it's not bipolar, but rather PTSD.

One thing that came out of those sessions that I've decided against taking my sister. I kinda knew she was playing multiple angles with this, but that's been confirmed now. Basically she's planning on forcing her way home; she just wants to come here short term. She's openly told others that she just tells me what I want to hear so she can come live with us for awhile, but she's got no intention of staying. Then there are some facebook posts that really drove that point home to me. I'm not investing money, time, energy, etc, and opening my home just so she can run back to the same bullshit that started this situation. If she tries to go back and can't, I'm not going to sit here and deal with the fallout of that when her plan fails.

It's kind of a rough choice, but I'll be damned if my family and home become leverage of some kinda, a mere card to play. This ain't game of thrones! My therapist also noted the pattern of going all in to help my family, only to watch them stick to their own script in the end. It's not bout me, and I don't do things to get anything in return other than to help them along. I don't need them to need me, and I certainly don't gain anything from this. Enough is enough, and while she's only 15, the buck stops here. I realized that she's mostly set in who she is, for better or worse. In the end, me going on this journey of handling my own baggage isn't really the best time to take on such a responsibility. There are other things at play too, so this picture really became clear when I started honestly assessing things.

The hard part will be telling her; my natural instincts scream "take her!", but I know that's not what's best. She's stable and she doesn't have any leverage to manipulate things where she is right now. I can help more effectively at a distance, I think. I don't necessarily feel good about this complete reversal, but it's what's best.

My brother's situation just is what it is. I'm slowly divorcing myself from that attachment. I'm not sure what to believe or to what degree any longer. I'll always care, but I can no longer care actively.

Lastly, I'm excited about this OKS network and think I've got some value to contribute. I'm gearing up for the launch of my own site, which is massive in scope and ambition... fingers crossed for that shit. Oh, and I molly-whooped a shit talker in GD in a battle of soundcloud pages.
2131318, Lesson about ladies and technology
Posted by B9, Thu Feb-14-13 08:36 AM
For the last three years I've been on the precipice of getting my wife a Kindle for either her birthday or Christmas, only to have her say she's not into it, doesn't need one, doesn't see the point, etc...Fast forward to this last weekend, she asked me to stop by B&N to pickup a copy of Under the Dome for a book club shes in. They only have the hardcover. Shit's like 1000 pages and is going to take up a shit ton of space on our limited bookshelfs and my econ books are the easy target to be pushed out. Enough.

Head over to BB, get her a Paperwhite for "early valentines day". She hated it for 2 whole minutes and hasn't put the thing down for almost a week now.

So, sexist generalization: if you think your lady would like X piece of technology and she says "no way", she's likely wrong and just doesn't know it.

2131319, I think the exact same thing will apply to older people
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 08:39 AM
aka parents.
2131384, Very true, but it is a slippery slope for dads
Posted by B9, Thu Feb-14-13 10:16 AM
When my dad wanted to go digital with his music collection, centralizing on an external hard drive, I got him one Airport Express so he could stream his music to his main receiver in the living room. It apparently blew his mind.

At last count, he is up to 5 Airport Expresses in a 2400 square foot house just so he can stream music to multiple rooms. He even made a custom weatherproof enclosure for one that is outside on the back deck.

2131387, Sounds awesome......
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 10:27 AM
???
2136700, same thing with my girl and her kindle
Posted by thejerseytornado, Sun Feb-24-13 10:47 AM
seriously, if we start having problems in our relationship, i'm blaming her other lover, Mr. Kindle Reginald Fire.

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.
2131390, Dam. Locked AND deleted
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Feb-14-13 10:34 AM
2131395, You know Cyren has woken up when the fun stops
Posted by B9, Thu Feb-14-13 10:40 AM
First the Aliases Gone Wild post, now this...
2131396, Terrorists are 2 for 2
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 10:41 AM
I was looking forward to more fake stories.
2131406, You sent a postcard to ?uest asking OE to be kicked off the internet
Posted by B9, Thu Feb-14-13 10:51 AM
Thats what I heard.
2131435, i heard he told quest at the set of Jimmy fallon
Posted by Cenario, Thu Feb-14-13 11:29 AM
2131441, I ran on stage during the Tommy Matolla interview
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 11:33 AM
2131577, Damn I missed it. That post got good?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 01:31 PM

Because when I left it was a bunch of weirdos in
there talking Binlahab's weight and lack of normal
behavior on general discussion

Ooo I asked Truth what happened with Ceej

What he say?

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131419, oh god i could go so many places w this reply
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 11:16 AM
suffice it to say some people believe it's unpossible for indians to ever be terrorists and that everything mommy and daddy and football boosters taught them is true

annnnnd countdown to hurt feelings of superiority and delete?
2131425, Is this some India/Pakistan thing?
Posted by Buck, Thu Feb-14-13 11:22 AM
2131428, It's gotta be, I have no clue what is happening
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 11:24 AM
2131436, Lol, no.
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 11:30 AM
It's him being a weird obsessive loser.

He's picked up that troll torch and ran with it.
2131434, some folks will turn anything into an india/pakistan thing
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 11:29 AM
not over here, though.
2131437, Are you Pakistani?
Posted by Buck, Thu Feb-14-13 11:30 AM
2131440, nope. nor am i bigoted.
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 11:32 AM
2131465, indian on indian violence
Posted by soundsop, Thu Feb-14-13 12:05 PM
guru is indian and rabidly anti-muslim

vik is indian but more tolerant, since the qatari foundation indirectly pays for much of messi's contract
2131467, lol
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 12:06 PM

>vik is indian but more tolerant, since the qatari foundation
>indirectly pays for much of messi's contract
2131469, Ah.
Posted by Buck, Thu Feb-14-13 12:08 PM
Vik for Vikram.
2131470, I thought that was yoga?
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 12:09 PM
>Vik for Vikram.
2131475, Bikram
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 12:16 PM

2131477, rabidly anti-muslim... perfect description
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Feb-14-13 12:16 PM
2131483, I'd say more anti Pakistani/anti Islamist
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 12:21 PM
>guru is indian and rabidly anti-muslim

but yes, I am critical of that religion.

*shrug*

sue me.
2131485, To what religion do you belong?
Posted by Buck, Thu Feb-14-13 12:24 PM
2131494, AFAIK the master religion, hinduism.
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 12:30 PM
everything else is scum, spat upon with a cheshire grin.

dude would (re)impliment the caste system if he could bc mommy and daddy said he's the BEST!
2131501, I'll let vik explain since he knows the intricacies of my life so well
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 12:37 PM
Lol, I'm not about to try and explain my views with him littering this post with personal jabs and his weird stalker like comments in between every post

2131504, not at all. you're a bigot who cheers for cornfed white boys
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 12:40 PM
but it's okay because they let you in?

but fuck everybody else in india

that's all i know
2131505, k.
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 12:41 PM

2131521, LOL
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Feb-14-13 12:54 PM

>vik is indian but more tolerant, since the qatari foundation
>indirectly pays for much of messi's contract
2131525, Is it "Cutter" or "Ktar"?
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 12:55 PM
2131541, I haven't heard Messi say it
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 01:02 PM
whatever he ends up saying is GOSPEL.
2131551, apparently "cutter" is the closest we can get in english
Posted by soundsop, Thu Feb-14-13 01:09 PM
but then how do you say qatari?

cuttery?

also, lol @ the end of this story:
http://www.npr.org/2010/12/03/131790949/More-Than-One-Way-To-Pronounce-Qatar

roughly paraphrased: we asked the embassy and they said ku-tar was fine, everybody pronounces it that way anyway
2133192, i'm going 'cutlery' until someone says there isn't a hidden L
Posted by Drizzit, Mon Feb-18-13 12:28 PM
2131443, Everybody dont get it
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Feb-14-13 11:34 AM
>suffice it to say some people believe it's unpossible for
>indians to ever be terrorists and that everything mommy and
>daddy and football boosters taught them is true
>
>annnnnd countdown to hurt feelings of superiority and delete?
2131710, oh shit. I got it still open on my home computer.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 05:31 PM

Truth might be a lot of things, but he's not
a stalker. I'm with him.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131741, Dude, send me an image capture.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 07:15 PM
When I went to bed, the shit was still relatively tame. If it blew up and got awesome, I wanna know what happened, lol.
2132074, yeah, me too.
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Feb-15-13 12:15 PM
woke up late that day, had no idea what happened.
2133195, i just did a quick search for ceej AND hoe
Posted by Drizzit, Mon Feb-18-13 12:29 PM
found the thread like it was nothing.

definitely worth some time.
2133229, interesting, it was deleted but you can still search for it.
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Feb-18-13 12:59 PM
2136425, ^ tha fuck kinda diversity conference was this ^
Posted by LegacyNS, Sat Feb-23-13 01:06 PM
lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
Occupy Big Government..

Fannie, Freddie dole out big bonuses
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67292.html
2131398, Headed to White Hart Lane in 2 weeks
Posted by twistyroad, Thu Feb-14-13 10:44 AM
For the North London Derby.

Fuck airline fees and taxes.

Fuck Valentines Day.

COYS
2131448, dope. my buddy went last year and had a blast nm
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 11:42 AM
2131568, Fantastic!
Posted by magilla vanilla, Thu Feb-14-13 01:24 PM
Seriously, man. I've told you this in person, but the moment you walk out of the concourse and into the stands. . . man. Savor that shit.
2137348, RE: Fantastic!
Posted by twistyroad, Mon Feb-25-13 05:14 PM
Thanks man. We're actually going to take photos with some reps from the team on the pitch a couple of hours before the match.

I can't wait.
2131415, moderators not acting like little children? flabbergasting lol
Posted by vik, Thu Feb-14-13 11:13 AM
2131517, Which one of you pussies wants it on the cricket pitch?
Posted by veritas, Thu Feb-14-13 12:52 PM
I really had nothing to add here.
2131523, I'll just add that I'm reading "Netherland" right now
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Feb-14-13 12:54 PM
In which cricket plays an important role.
2131529, I once ate a chocolate covered cricket
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-14-13 12:56 PM
and I hate chocolate
2131552, Wow! Me too! As in, I hate chocolate too.
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Feb-14-13 01:10 PM
Never had a chocolate cricket before. Because I hate chocolate that much.
2131557, in one of the hitch-hiker's guide books...
Posted by soundsop, Thu Feb-14-13 01:13 PM
... cricket has great cosmic significance

i believe there's an alien race that has a cricket-based religion or something
2131622, I went to a cricket match last year, the NYC High School championship
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Feb-14-13 02:51 PM
my wife's school won, and by the end I actually understood what was happening. It was a good time.
2131642, They actually have cricket pitches here in the county parks
Posted by guru0509, Thu Feb-14-13 03:14 PM
and in the spring/summer when I always see teams in their newly pressed dry cleaned uniforms playing out there early as hell, umpires and all
2131700, Dare you to try a full toss on my leg side
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Feb-14-13 05:20 PM
Double dare
2131704, dawg i got a wicked googly
Posted by veritas, Thu Feb-14-13 05:27 PM
i have no idea what i'm talking about.
2131555, Any one seen "Fela, The Musical"
Posted by ne_atl, Thu Feb-14-13 01:11 PM
I'm getting tickets through my job. It's here in ATL for 4 days.
2131560, Yep, saw it in SF a little over a year ago. It was great.
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Feb-14-13 01:20 PM
Music was obviously out-standing. Lead actor was amazing too. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Is it the original cast or not?
2131634, That I'm not sure of
Posted by ne_atl, Thu Feb-14-13 03:03 PM

>Is it the original cast or not?

Thanks for the insight tho
2131702, I've seen it with two different casts, including Patti Labelle
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 05:25 PM

Doesn't matter, its an awesome show

see it
2131589, Seen it several times. Its awesome, don't ask anyone else.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Feb-14-13 01:47 PM

Its great, go see it

(C)Keith Murray, "
2131620, yeah, saw it on broadway. one of the best shows I've ever seen
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Feb-14-13 02:49 PM
just fantastic, top to bottom. I copped a few Fela albums off the strength of what I saw.
2131706, Really really wanted to. Heard great things.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-14-13 05:27 PM
Timing never worked out.
2134302, Michelle Williams from Destiny Child is the featured guest
Posted by ne_atl, Wed Feb-20-13 12:05 PM
2132058, Jerome Bettis signed my jersey this week!
Posted by ChuckFoPrez, Fri Feb-15-13 11:52 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/35jjtlh.jpg
2132096, Nobody's probably happier that Dorner is gone than Warren Coolidge
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Feb-15-13 12:43 PM
it's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Although I don't see the resemblence..... People swear I look like dude. Which made these last couple of weeks a little hectic.

I live close to Torrance CA where the 2 older newspaper delivering ladies where ran up on by the police and shot multiple times because they were in a truck....

That's what really got me thinking....maybe I should lay low till they catch this guy...considering they are shooting old ladies in the city next to where I live.

So as the manhunt heated up...more and more people started telling me I resembled this guy....even the kids at school.. "Hey Mr. Coolidge...you look like that dude"

then friday night I get a text from my friend Marc Brown whose a newscaster on ABC 7 out here.... he's like "E.... lay low man....we are getting word of sightings of this guy all over the city and the police are going up in places with guns looking for this guy"

So then I'm like....man...people are really concerned about this for me. Now of course my wife is super upset and tells me to basiclly stay in the house...lol.

So the next morning on my way to a conference I stop by and see my mother....Mom is in a board and care home...she has dementia and had a stroke last year. Anyways I'm there watching some TV with moms...the news is on..and they show Dorner. My mom looks over at me.....I know what she's thinking......She can still talk and knows everyone...so she says... "you have the same shaped head as him" ...we laugh...then she says.... "go home, and stay there"....

so now my wife is upset...my mom is upset.....I'm actually kind of shook by now.... I don't want the police to draw down on me.....nor do I want any of the people that live round these parts who think that Obama is gonna take their guns to pull out heaters on me.

so I go to the conference...its' a parent conference for community parents regarding their students..... I give my speech.... then ask for questions....... first question "Mr. Coolidge...you know you look like that guy".... I laugh it off and say I know...

So then this week at school it's even worse...the kids want to take pictures of me and send them to people...I tell them....now this isn't as funny as it was....

anyways...I stopped shaving my face....and would leave my glasses on all the time just to make it look less obvious..... and was honestly very close to doing the unthinkable...letting the hair on my head grow out.... I've been shaving my head for 20 years ..

so when the day comes comes dude is hemmed up in big bear...all week I been dealing with my co-workers joking how they were going to take me in to get the million dollar reward...now that they had a specific location for dude ...I figured I could venture out of the neighborhood. I needed to go to Costco in torrance...didn't tell the wife of course.

anyways I go to costco after work ..while in costco of course..I walk past a guy who says "Hey...you know you look like that guy" my answer this time is no...he's in Big Bear.... Then this guy...a white guy....starts to tell me, "You know I'm really pulling for Dorner..I'm on his side".... I tell dude, "Get the F out my face with that man."..... So what was I supposed to do...cosign that??? When one of these tea party torrance people shoots me in the head they can say "well...I heard him giving Dorner props"

So now that dude is gone...I could finally shave......

took the wife out to dinner for Valentines day last nite.... the guy next to us at the bar... "Hey you know you look like dude"..... ha ha...

then we sit at our table...the people next to us keep looking...finally the guy says...."I'm sure you've heard this...but you look like Dorner"

at least now I can answer....well no...he's dead..

Looking like the most wanted man in America is not a comfortable exprerience at all...
2132105, LOL! Shit, you DO look like him. I didn't think of that at all.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Feb-15-13 12:53 PM
Glad you're safe and nobody called the cops on you, dude.
2132106, cosign this
Posted by bshelly, Fri Feb-15-13 12:57 PM
>Glad you're safe and nobody called the cops on you, dude.
2132108, Word, its funny but at the same time, it's not funny
Posted by guru0509, Fri Feb-15-13 12:58 PM
>Glad you're safe and nobody called the cops on you, dude.

2132152, thanks....I fully expect people to stop asking me bout it soon...but
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Feb-15-13 02:01 PM
the other thing I expect is that I'm gonna get even more side eyes from the po po than normal being that I live in the harbor division area, and dude's issues were with the harbor division...

fortunately I know some of them from the community....but still...
2132190, : - (
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Feb-15-13 02:57 PM

Sad story all around

2133315, That'd be such a fucked up way to get shot...
Posted by Deebot, Mon Feb-18-13 02:05 PM
2133319, "word" (c) the 71 year old Asian woman shot by LAPD
Posted by KosherSam, Mon Feb-18-13 02:07 PM
2136427, wow, that's fucked up.. like 4real..
Posted by LegacyNS, Sat Feb-23-13 01:06 PM

<---- 5....

Occupy Big Government..

2133630, ay check out this top my girl made for my laptop desk
Posted by veritas, Mon Feb-18-13 08:40 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66694_717049205702_394679146_n.jpg

i work from home a lot, so i work in front of the tv a lot.

picked up this little desk with a shitty top on it to use in the living room, when i'm not working in my office.

now i got my cocaine 80s mets desk. pretty dope.
2133951, are you even a Met fan? I thought you were a Fish fan for some reason
Posted by KosherSam, Tue Feb-19-13 01:25 PM
I would love a desk like that, even though I have no room for one
2134152, What he said. I mean, it's been proven I'm base Kosher's cousin.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Tue Feb-19-13 04:42 PM
2134180, i don't care about the mets, but i like those guys
Posted by veritas, Tue Feb-19-13 05:08 PM
fish flag has been fully dropped after the latest management nightmares.

i dug the art and dig all the old cocaine 80s ballplayers.

not really a met thing.

those images are from no mas's victory journal http://www.nomas-nyc.com/books/335-victory-journal-issue-three.html if you're interested in putting em on a wall or something, though.
2134299, I LOVE that cover shot.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Wed Feb-20-13 11:58 AM
2135819, Midwest folks, how you holding up?
Posted by guru0509, Fri Feb-22-13 09:58 AM
That shit is headed this way next, New England is supposed to get slammed so hopefully we're spared...
2136379, WHITE BOY HUMOR AT ITS BEST:
Posted by Deebot, Sat Feb-23-13 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgblV7Un_g

I love the innanets.
2136389, That kid is a fucking asshole
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 12:18 PM
2136397, I was sorta thinking the same thing....nm
Posted by guru0509, Sat Feb-23-13 12:31 PM

2136398, lighten up, it's Saturday
Posted by Deebot, Sat Feb-23-13 12:33 PM
2136399, When you start spraying people with liquids
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 12:37 PM
And stealing from the store, you're crossing a line.

Kids a dickhead and unfunny.
2136401, you're getting mad over dairy?
Posted by Deebot, Sat Feb-23-13 12:40 PM
k
2136405, I do not like milk or cheese actually
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 12:43 PM
2136414, You dont eat pizza?
Posted by guru0509, Sat Feb-23-13 12:53 PM
2136419, If I say yes or no, isn't that the same answer?
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 12:57 PM
Tough question to answer
2136396, not sure that qualifies as a "prank" or "humor"
Posted by veritas, Sat Feb-23-13 12:30 PM
2136402, Yeah, I thought there would be a punchline somewhere.
Posted by Buck, Sat Feb-23-13 12:41 PM
2136410, it's not stand-up, it's physical comedy
Posted by Deebot, Sat Feb-23-13 12:47 PM
2136412, It really isn't
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 12:50 PM
2136420, Not real funny for the minimum-wage guy who has to clean it up.
Posted by Buck, Sat Feb-23-13 01:00 PM
Just looks like some punk kid being a dick.
2136422, Or the grandma who has shit on her pants now
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 01:02 PM
For no reason
2136431, working in a grocery store SUCKS ..the 15 year old guru remembers
Posted by guru0509, Sat Feb-23-13 01:09 PM
idiot kids making a mess just makes a shitty job even worse...

2136413, We all laughed at Kramer doing stupid shit in Seinfeld
Posted by Deebot, Sat Feb-23-13 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3BL7O9bto

But if it's an unknown, we're getting mad?
2136418, Did Kramer spray innocent bystanders with stolen stuff?
Posted by Ceej, Sat Feb-23-13 12:56 PM
2136443, assholes cant be funny now? Since when?
Posted by Deebot, Sat Feb-23-13 01:28 PM
I never got that memo.
2136430, This sorta reminds me of a CKY vid I borrowed from a friend in HS
Posted by Kungset, Sat Feb-23-13 01:09 PM
They were launching themselves from grocery carts into bushes outside the supermarket. Then the guy whose job it was to fix it told them how it's been taking money out of his pocket and asked them to please stop. CKY dude proceeds to choke him out. This milk kid didn't do anything violent but it's got the same assholish disregard for other people to do something that isn't really funny vibe to me.
2136680, man I just watched the 30 for 30 on Vlade & Petrovic
Posted by LegacyNS, Sun Feb-24-13 05:59 AM
wow.. just wow...
<---- 5....

Occupy Big Government..

2136681, Prob the best 30 for 30.
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Feb-24-13 06:25 AM
Others are "better" but the emotional impact that one had was crazy.
2136682, I had no idea about their story..
Posted by LegacyNS, Sun Feb-24-13 06:26 AM

<---- 5....

Occupy Big Government..

2136985, so one of my students actually wrote "escape goat"
Posted by thejerseytornado, Mon Feb-25-13 09:37 AM
in his/her discussion board post this morning. i had to post that here.

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.
2137008, That deserves an A
Posted by Deebot, Mon Feb-25-13 10:25 AM
2139083, What do you all think of this duplex?
Posted by ChuckFoPrez, Thu Feb-28-13 11:10 AM
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/apa/3644943208.html
2139087, looks dope as fuck to me
Posted by veritas, Thu Feb-28-13 11:19 AM
wood windows in pittsburgh will probably gouge your gas bill in the winter, but other than that it looks real dope.
2139187, I'm hoping the radiators indicate hot water heat or something like that
Posted by ChuckFoPrez, Thu Feb-28-13 01:20 PM
The downside to that is, it could get hot as fuck in there during winter.

Nice neighborhood too: http://goo.gl/maps/PPPoB

2139094, Remember "View All"?
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Feb-28-13 11:26 AM
lol, was just doing some archive browsing and saw that mentioned. Man I been here a long time.
2139188, Ha, yeah...
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Feb-28-13 01:22 PM
And having to reply with a "." in the body when you were just replying with the subject line.
2139200, If you edit and don't have a body to the subject, you have to use "."
Posted by ChuckFoPrez, Thu Feb-28-13 01:49 PM
2139202, Yup, makes me feel old school every time.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Feb-28-13 01:52 PM
Hitting tab, ., tab, tab, enter.
2139244, These dickheads at mlb.com double charged me for my
Posted by Deebot, Thu Feb-28-13 03:04 PM
mlb.tv subscription...this is pathetic. These motherfuckers....how do you not realize you're charging the same person twice?
2139247, They probably do and hope you dont
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-28-13 03:07 PM
>how do you not realize you're charging the
>same person twice?

They probably have a 50% success rate.
2139258, I honestly don't know how they even got my 2nd credit card #
Posted by Deebot, Thu Feb-28-13 03:31 PM
but it could have been when my subscription mysteriously ran out with like 10 games left in the regular season last year and I just paid them their $20 so I didn't have to deal with it. Those fuckers.
2139263, I paid for the MLBatbat app 3 times in 2011
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-28-13 03:33 PM
motherfuckers