Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYour first statement is correct, at least to my understanding.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2121688&mesg_id=2125270
2125270, Your first statement is correct, at least to my understanding.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Feb-04-13 01:21 AM
>unless you just planning to bounce and rebirth the same steez
>in a different environment?

I get the impression that this will be a spiritual child of sorts, not actually affiliated with OKP.

>revenue (ads) - expenses(infrastructure + dev + mgmt) = $/(x
>contributors).

I despise the idea of an ad funded site to be honest, and while I've got a great solution for monetizing my own site when I launch, utilizing my own classified and daily deals in addition to a scant few affiliate products. I haven't figured out how to translate that premise into this. I do think we need to go outside the box in terms of generating revenue, aping some sort of combination of adsense and affiliate sells into the mix.

Traditional PPC/CPI banner ads are a little dated and not really the most efficient way to go. I think we should partner with independent business owners with products that appeal to our core demo(we could mine the many already on OKP to start) and create an internal affiliate program (another reason why I think wordpress is a great way to go, because there are plugins for this) so that we can skip the clickbanks of the world. We could also create some sort of membership section.

Not that all of these ideas are the end all be all or guaranteed to be successful, it's simply to say that we should aim for something greater than simple ad revenue.