Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think the unique aspects that OKP can bring have been stated.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2121688&mesg_id=2124805
2124805, I think the unique aspects that OKP can bring have been stated.
Posted by Alias-I-am, Sun Feb-03-13 04:55 PM
1. Superior design. Don't sell this short. Other than Grantland and The Bleacher Report, the design of sports sites is wanting.

I don't just mean the glossy front end either. I'm talking about better comments sections and responsive related content databases/feeds from web and social trends.

We have nerds that care. We can, if so motivated, build things that for-profit companies don't think about. You might even be able to recover costs with affliate links and how-to tutorials.

An example: Instead of just allowing poetx, will1958 or walleye to just apply analysis, someone creates a dynamic data visualization--something beautiful and truthful that will move as the stats move from week to week. Then whomever develops that page can also call up related content from other great analysis spots like michael Felder's chalk talk or smartfootball for added context. Pull it in because, who cares, right?

It's about bringing value to the user anyway.

2. The agenda wars. Some poopoo or steer clear of the Race, Regional and society-normative conversation. OKP kinda delves into that feet first and at it's best it's honest.

It's honesty in a way that people tune into Jalen Rose or Charles Barkley for, but for OKP there don't need to be limits