Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI created a mock-up site for this. Thoughts?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2121688&mesg_id=2122169
2122169, I created a mock-up site for this. Thoughts?
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jan-30-13 03:16 AM
http://agendawars.listedcities.com/

Granted, this is very bare bones with. I wrote a couple of spoof articles and added a youtube and soundcloud post to show how simple it is to set all this up in wordpress. This iteration isn't very feature rich, but a few hours on a sunday morning and I can have a fully tricked out and branded community setup and ready to go.

Get a youtube channel, a twitter, and a soundcloud, and the site would be the hub for all of that content in addition to it's own written content.

I can setup users, authors, admins, avatars, messaging, friends, facebook like box, message board, twitter feed, and a grip of other features relatively quick. It's all pretty simple with Wordpress and the right plugins and themes.

As I said earlier, I can host it and create it without any problems whatsoever. I'm already setup for it. In fact, this mock-up was done through my site. Obviously I haven't launched yet and so my home page is nothing more than a mock-up itself, but I'm tinkering around the back and setting up basic networks.

Further, it's a multi-network setup, so people can create their own blog or site under the OKS brand or whatever. I can setup various access privileges, paid premium content, membership, whatever. I'm not a coder or designer or even a Wordpress expert by any means, but with all the themes and plugins out there all that's needed is the content and initiative. I can literally have this shit ready to go in a few days. I've even got a multi-database plugin to place every single blog or site on it's own database so that the site can scale on the fly if traffic grows quickly. I have a cloud hosting plan at Site 5, who have amazing live customer support 24 hours a day.

I realize not everyone will be on board with this particular approach, or the layout or whatever, but I've got a ton of other themes with various functions and layouts. This is just an example of how easy it is to setup a site like this with Wordpress. Even if you guys don't want to role with me to do this, I don't think developing a site from scratch is the most prudent, efficient, or effective way to go.... but that's just me.