Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMy few cents:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2121688&mesg_id=2121906
2121906, My few cents:
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Jan-29-13 03:58 PM
First of all, sorry if these sentiments have been echoed earlier in the post, but this thread has gotten pretty big quickly.

I think it's better to do it as a podcast. It's actually easier to do. Get like three people to record once a week for a set amount of time (probably max it out at one and a half to two hours). As Shawn said, make it the same core group of people each week, with maybe one or two "special guests" popping up after a few weeks. That gives the core team time to get some good chemistry. That's how other successful OKP inspired podcasts have worked out (e.g. Long and Late, Get Out the Room, etc.)

I worry about doing it as a blog. I actually think we have a wider audience for what we write right here, rather than trying to start up something completely new. I don't think written content should be off the table completely, but I think it might be better to look at the site as "Come for the podcast, read the content while you're here" rather than vice versa.

Take it for what it's worth.