Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYep, that's the point...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2117670&mesg_id=2118339
2118339, Yep, that's the point...
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Jan-23-13 06:15 PM
>Then he started playing along to save face.

It was obvious that he was TRULY serious at the beginning, and also he had to have started playing along at some time. But what made that post special is that he did it so gradually and sincerely that you couldn't really point to one post he made and say "okay that's it, he's playing along and trolling at this point." It was honestly a perfect transition...he was clearly being real when he was talking about the all the players at the Y, and also when he started naming players they were better than like Telfair, Reddick, and Sean May. Dude even came back the next day and was still clearly being sincere, and kept making more and more outlandish claims.

He probably started playing around sometime around when people wanted to actually come through but he didn't want outsiders to come in. But there still wasn't something that jumped out as obviously fake until he dropped that haiku line.

You know what? eff it. I think I might agree with OE now - I'm rereading that joint and I think he actually WAS serious until that line. That ish is the greatest post in the history of the internet.