Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2116296&mesg_id=2116844
2116844, RE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Jan-21-13 11:25 PM
>Magic would never miss the playoffs with three Hall of Famers
>alongside him.
>

Not unless all of those HOFers were bitches who were playing as shells of themselves with coaches changing in a bad organization with a shallow supporting cast in a league with more talent overall and younger, better players...oops...

>Joe Montana would never need a Top 3 Defense to squeak out a
>chance for a 50-yard-field-goal kick to get his chips.
>

I'll let you have that one.

I do NOT like the arguments of playoff records and SB chips defining QB legacies. Obviously, I play along like everyone else in order to have conversations about QB legacies...but...to be clear...I'm a much bigger fan of dissecting the play of QBs in the playoffs and SB games to decide my opinions.

Like...to me...Kurtis Warner > Peyton in the playoffs. Not worlds better cuz Kurt wasn't above throwing a pick either, but better. Crazy stats, less folding/fading/flaking, take the hit man throws and jackass drives, etc. And I'd have to look, but I'm not so sure he isn't in a conversation with Brady too. Tommy HAS been worked by Baltimore repeatedly. But this gets into my theory about Tommy and Peyton being cats who can only win games presnap. When they can't win that way, their general lack of adlib wit and/or athleticism KILLS them. REGULARLY. On the other hand, that ability propells Big Ben. If he played on a team that cut him loose with talent, he'd be a statistical monster. As it stands, he gets yards in chunks, tends to convert big plays in big moments, and 1 of his 2 SBs (the Arizona one) is mostly on his arm. The D couldn't deal with Warner and Larry down the stretch but Ben made play after play to get the Steelers down the field. And that throw to Santonio? Holmes is still getting paid off of that.