Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI have to speak up about this game 7 against phoenix
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114763&mesg_id=2116383
2116383, I have to speak up about this game 7 against phoenix
Posted by El_essence, Mon Jan-21-13 10:41 AM
Let's be clear, Kobe quit. But if we're going to be honest, be competely honest. they didn't match up well against the Suns. They caught the Suns off guard playing a style of play they weren't expecting and it affected them until game 5 or 6. The Lakers had absolute scrubs on that team.

And not to nitpick, but Kobe quitting in game 7 came AFTER the lakers quit on the plane ride there. He shut it down after halftime. It wasn't like he wasn't trying to win out the gate.

And I give a fuck what you say about MJ, that nigga quit. 8 shots in a game 5? fuckouttahere.com . It doesn't excuse Kobe nor is it even an argument for Kobe being on MJ's level. But let's stop acting like MJ (and hell any other greats) was perfect and infallible in order to put a spot light on Kobe's negatives. He's not a great teammate. He's not as bad as being portrayed. He's not an all inclusive guy and it limits the type of teammates that will fuck with him. It's a negative for sure. But I can't say he would have accomplished more individually and from a team aspect had he been any different in that department.