Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Agree on everything except MJ not quitting. '89 game 5 vs Detroit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114763&mesg_id=2116286
2116286, RE: Agree on everything except MJ not quitting. '89 game 5 vs Detroit
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-21-13 01:29 AM
>Dude took 2 shots in the 2nd half vs Detroit, 8 in total. El
>Essence emailed Sam Smith (who was the Bulls beat writer at
>the time) and dude confirmed that MJ was out there pouting and
>trying to prove a point. That summer was when he ran Doug
>Collins out of town.

He indeed ran Doug out of town...But that 8 shots was not MJ pouting... I was in the Chi too and I got folks that was connected with the Bulls ORG back then...And MJ did not QUIT on his team...I never heard anything about dude pulling a Kobe...That Detroit "Jordan Rules" denfense was enough of a headache for MJ to be pulling that shit...

And really Kobe's stunt was totally different...The Lakers should have beaten Phoenix...They matched up pretty well...Kobe quit on his team in a game 7, man...A GAME SEVEN...That's some OTHER shit...lol

>There's an example of Wilt doing it as well...where dude took
>something like 3 shots in a a half in a critical playoff game
>6 or something.
>
>Fact is some of the top players have done but it's an outlier
>to their normal play.

I'm not buying it...

Wilt was doing it just to prove he didn't have to score to have impact on the game...There r stories of dude passing the hell out of the ball just to make teams look silly...

The thing with Kobe is he just doesn't seem to have leadership skills...Add that with dude being a bitch and you have an explosive cocktail...