Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject**List all Kobe Teo's BITCHASS atrocities here**
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114763
2114763, **List all Kobe Teo's BITCHASS atrocities here**
Posted by melmag, Fri Jan-18-13 05:11 PM
According to Phil Jackson:

In high school, Kobe allegedly "sabotaged" games to keep them close enough for him to dominate in the end.

http://www.bareknucks.com/bashing-kobe-excerpts-from-%E2%80%9Cthe-last-season-a-team-in-search-of-its-soul%E2%80%9D-by-phil-jackson

To be completely fair, there were a couple things I did over the years to alienate Kobe. The most glaring example was the interview I gave in 2001 to Rick Telander, a writer I knew in Chicago. Rick asked if I believed Kobe was the heir apparent to Michael Jordan. Assuming, naively in retrospect, that a conversation after the official interview was off the record, I mentioned to Rick that I had been told that in high school Kobe “sabotaged” games to keep them close enough for him to dominate at the end. Needless to say, the quotes appeared verbatim in Rick’s story, sparking a major uproar. (Kobe has never forgiven me. Last Spring, during a particularly acrimonious team meeting, Rick Fox complained to Kobe and Shaq. “The thing that hurts us about this season,” Fox said, “is that both of you have acted like you’re apart from us, and that we’re not any good. We have won championships for each other, sacrificing, and all of a sudden, you turn your backs on us.” Shaq, clearly affected, began to respond when Kobe cut him off. “Quit your crying,” Kobe said. I then jumped in. “Kobe, you’re as much to blame as Shaq is, if not more.” “You’re the one who should f***ing talk,” he said. “You said I sabotaged games.”
2114766, Fucking your bitch too, apparently.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-18-13 05:16 PM
2114767, Wins too much
Posted by Kungset, Fri Jan-18-13 05:20 PM
2114769, never letting Duncan repeat
Posted by LBs Finest, Fri Jan-18-13 05:26 PM
that was just mean.
2114788, that really was pretty mean of Shaq to do, wasn't it?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Jan-18-13 06:10 PM

2114824, 2008 says hello.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-18-13 07:07 PM
2114828, this argument never made sense to me
Posted by rob, Fri Jan-18-13 07:15 PM
who cares enough about duncan that they're gonna blame the lakers for denying him something? i certainly don't. i don't think even duncan cares that much. he's probably pretty happy with his titles and comfortable with his legacy, even if he would LIKE a couple more.

as a matter of fact, the phoenix series with the suspensions made the spurs AND myself WAAAAY HUGER ASSHOLES than anybody ever was about some lakers shit.

i think this (lack of) logic says more about y'all's emotional state and how y'all deal with Ls than it says about the rest of us.
2114832, he never successfully defended his title...sorry, that matters.
Posted by LBs Finest, Fri Jan-18-13 07:19 PM
almost all of the multiple champions did, shaq, magic, kareem, kobe, MJ, russell, hakeem, isiah.
2114859, neither did Bird. so no, it doesn't really matter.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Jan-18-13 07:57 PM

2114868, i cant think of anything less meaningful. like, in the world
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jan-18-13 08:11 PM
who cares about that? total number is what matters and of course things like finals mvps and league mvps.
2114871, LOL. Cotdamn CC, you act obtuse as hell when you deem it fitting
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Jan-18-13 08:22 PM
You're saying there's nothing to be said about a team repeating? About a team which not only faces a drop in motivation due to the prior success but also an uptick of motivation in its opponents? To get there is tough, to stay there is tougher because you know damn well everyone is going at the throats of the champs while the squad can easily rest on last year's accomplishments

"Work harder, be BETTER. That's the only way we could repeat" - B Scott in '88

"Does winning a championship start a bonfire or quell a fire" - Coach K

C'mon.
2114947, pretty much, if you win 2 in 3 years or 2 in 2 years, idgaf
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jan-18-13 11:31 PM
obviously a team that wins two in a row is better than one and done. but two in three years? or, better yet, four in seven years? that is beyond reproach IMO.
2114958, There's still a difference. You aren't being treated as the champs
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Jan-18-13 11:50 PM
Which comes with a heightened sense of energy, excitement, effort from the opposition. We both know this. This isn't even disrespect to the Spurs...I love their approach, attitude, management, players....but it is what it is. It's harder to repeat and the Spurs were never able to overcome the extra hurdles that you face as being the champion.
2115032, you might have a point if chips were defended in the regular season
Posted by Cenario, Sat Jan-19-13 09:58 AM
But they aren't...its in the playoffs. Teams don't get 'up' morre for defending champs in the playoffs. They given you their best shot regardless
2115085, naw, players themselves have said they step it up when facing the champs
Posted by LBs Finest, Sat Jan-19-13 12:12 PM
especially in the playoffs, even if its just when they face conference champs, like when the Warriors knocked off Dallas in the 1st round. And I don't think Dallas beats the Spurs in 06 if Spurs weren't the defending champs, they went into SA and won that game 7 on sheer motivation and desire to beat the champs so they could be the champs. also all the times a team has won the title then gotten SWEPT the following year, I don't think those are all coincidences.
2115099, Except there are numerous quotes about how it's harder to repeat
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat Jan-19-13 12:25 PM
I listed one from B Scott in the post your replied to.
2115413, Pretending there isn't a difference between winning back to back
Posted by El_essence, Sun Jan-20-13 12:32 PM
rings than not tells you where cats are at at this point. On one hand, I get CC's point of view. He's a sixers fan who's team has never one multiple championships with close to the same squad. No diss. But I get the "I'll take 4 in 7 any day" position. But it's not the same as repeating. It's clearly the worst thing to happen to a champion to not win back to back. But it's "lesser than" and they in here frontin. Surprise surprise.
2114898, so tim is exactly like all them except that one thing
Posted by rob, Fri Jan-18-13 09:26 PM
and he won more than some of them?

ummm...i'll take that?
2114951, i didn't say you wouldn't take that, i said it matters.
Posted by LBs Finest, Fri Jan-18-13 11:37 PM
>and he won more than some of them?
>
>ummm...i'll take that?
2115171, Nope. Bird.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jan-19-13 02:58 PM
And Duncan's won more rings than him.

In short, it doesn't matter.
2115215, It matters. Cry about it.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jan-19-13 05:06 PM
LA2Philly already mentioned how difficult a feat it is.

The only time shit like this DOESN'T matter to you people is.... yup.
When it's about Kobe.
When you guys talk about Kobe EVERYTHING matters, at least everything that can be used to knock him down a peg or a hundred.
2115420, It didn't matter for Bird; it don't matter for Duncan.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Jan-20-13 12:55 PM
>The only time shit like this DOESN'T matter to you people
>is.... yup.
>When it's about Kobe.
>When you guys talk about Kobe EVERYTHING matters, at least
>everything that can be used to knock him down a peg or a
>hundred.

Why you crying about Kobe when we talking about Duncan?
2116222, http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114763&mesg_id=2114763&page=#2115413
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jan-20-13 10:56 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114763&mesg_id=2114763&page=#2115413
2116492, Nope. Bird. Cry.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Jan-21-13 01:20 PM
Bye.
2116265, it only matters to people scared of their shadows
Posted by rob, Mon Jan-21-13 12:12 AM
recognizing that not only will their boy not get 6, there's dude out there with a better chance of getting 5 than he does of seeing the second round.
2114922, yeah, not really
Posted by AlBundy, Fri Jan-18-13 10:20 PM
-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
2114835, Who said you or Tim cared?
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-18-13 07:21 PM
>who cares enough about duncan that they're gonna blame the
>lakers for denying him something? i certainly don't. i don't
>think even duncan cares that much. he's probably pretty happy
>with his titles and comfortable with his legacy, even if he
>would LIKE a couple more.

It wasn't about caring. Point is, it happened, and whether or not you or he or anyone 'cares' about it is immaterial to the fact that it happened.

>as a matter of fact, the phoenix series with the suspensions
>made the spurs AND myself WAAAAY HUGER ASSHOLES than anybody
>ever was about some lakers shit.

LOL. Desperation right here. You want to talk about not caring? Nobody gives a fuck about the Spurs. Like at all. People barely remember that they won titles, and didn't give a fuck at the TIME.

Now?

You have to jog people's memory about the Phoenix shit.

Shit, a Lakers losing season is higher up on people's list of interesting NBA shit than a Spurs title.

>i think this (lack of) logic says more about y'all's emotional
>state and how y'all deal with Ls than it says about the rest
>of us.

Meanwhile, your post lacked logic in every conceivable sense. You went on a rant about 'caring' when nobody said shit about 'caring', only that it happened, and did so about a team time and ratings have proven over and again, most people don't care about them.
2114895, bringing tim up in a post like this is caring
Posted by rob, Fri Jan-18-13 09:20 PM
it's the second time this week like that lame shit in the overrated poll.

yall want tim and his fans to be insecure like yall are. not possible.

2115134, Your responses show that's exactly what YOU are.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jan-19-13 01:47 PM
>yall want tim and his fans to be insecure like yall are.

You're highly insecure as a Spurs fan, but we've covered that before.
2116263, nah man, i'm just calling it how it is. everybody sees it.
Posted by rob, Mon Jan-21-13 12:08 AM
this spurs shit doesn't mean anything to me in this one. don't see me talking shit about eli or or adrian peterson because they're not sabotaging their teams and their legacies. even if they do beat my teams and that pisses me off sometimes.

and again, bringing it up over and over just demonstrates how unnecessarily insecure kobestan is about ANYONE winning similar amounts of titles in the same span.
2114833, lol yeah that was all Kobe
Posted by Lach, Fri Jan-18-13 07:19 PM
2114836, That was clearly the implication of his post.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-18-13 07:21 PM
Clearly.
2116335, Son, you just gave up the right to type the words "goalpost moving"
Posted by 85SOUTH, Mon Jan-21-13 09:26 AM
ever again. This is a blatant, pitiful way to try to chop down Duncan's accomplishments.
And you lost, btw.
2114773, Beat the Celtics, Sixers, Pacers, Nets, and Magic in the Finals
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-18-13 05:35 PM
That's a good place to start explaining your constant obssession with trashing him, I'd say.
2114774, Further, you could, you know, just put this in the other post. DTS.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-18-13 05:36 PM
2114775, all these girls coming in to defend this bitch...
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Jan-18-13 05:38 PM
seriously get a wet wipe...
2114777, It's half as bitchmade as melmaq who has a hard on for Kobe.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-18-13 05:40 PM
2114784, Show me one post in here where someone defended Kobe.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-18-13 05:51 PM
Show me a post in this thread where someone writes words in defense of Kobe.

I'll wait.

2114839, ^^^felated Kobe after he dropped 81
Posted by LBs Finest, Fri Jan-18-13 07:26 PM
lol your rep as a "kobe hater" is forever tarnished after you got on your knees that night, we got that footage saved in the fucken archives bitch. and shells too, he even made kobe his avi.
2114845, i'm sure shells compliments bitches eryday as i do
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Jan-18-13 07:30 PM
no matter wtf i said the 81 point night ...kobe will forever be a bitch in my book...and any real niggas book...i hadnt seen nobody score that much in one game before or seen another team let a nigga do it... so yeah i gave him his props...but it changes nothing girlie... you the one sucking kobe off...and thats well archived miss thang..
2114846, lol you didn't just compliment him
Posted by LBs Finest, Fri Jan-18-13 07:35 PM
should i refresh your memory? "best ever" is what you said, if i recall correctly. that's not just giving a nigga props, that's basically hopping on his dick for a joy ride.

you the one sucking kobe
>off...and thats well archived miss thang..

well yea, i'm a laker fan and he's led my team to multiple championships, i think it's acceptable in that case.
2114847, Hahaha. The archives strike again
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Jan-18-13 07:37 PM
2114878, hopping on his nuts for one night and being beside myself
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Jan-18-13 08:37 PM
is nothing like drinking his semen for life...

Drink up pal..
2114909, You really are making it worse with replies like this.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-18-13 10:09 PM
2114968, shutcho dickridin ass up...
Posted by LAbeathustla, Sat Jan-19-13 12:06 AM
thats all you do...as reply #1 would indicate..as soon as mel threw salt on your girl...here you come..
2114970, Best player in the league and uhhhh maybe ever.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jan-19-13 12:17 AM
2115049, Lmao...nigga said best ever now he wanna hate. Cant live that down
Posted by Radio Rahim, Sat Jan-19-13 10:54 AM
2114783, Aw Mags, here's a tissue
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Jan-18-13 05:48 PM
2114786, nice avi
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jan-18-13 06:01 PM
2114790, That's honestly the only thing good about his posts
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-18-13 06:13 PM
2114948, It really is
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jan-18-13 11:36 PM
2115145, Well that and his legendary Olojuwan gem, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut..
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jan-19-13 01:56 PM
......even that was really someone else's gem.
2114799, Lol the laker fans responses in here got me dying
Posted by Cenario, Fri Jan-18-13 06:28 PM
2114841, me too since nobody being defensive..
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Jan-18-13 07:27 PM
2114894, If this is true it's bitchmade.
Posted by Kira, Fri Jan-18-13 09:18 PM
Jordan punched a teammate and gambled.

Lebron pouted and left practice.

All of the superstars have something someone could look at and call bitchmade. Sabotaging games is foul if true.
2114897, Chased a HOFer out of town
Posted by RaFromQueens, Fri Jan-18-13 09:26 PM
BUT BUT BUT WILL TO WIN
2114900, Still on that huh? Sad.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-18-13 09:33 PM
You probably think Lance is legit.
2114901, You're not adding to the list.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Fri Jan-18-13 09:34 PM
2114932, lol @ cats still obsessed with hating kobe
Posted by D_Tox151, Fri Jan-18-13 10:54 PM
what will you do when he is not in the league anymore
2115001, Phil on Kobe's hissy fits
Posted by melmag, Sat Jan-19-13 03:36 AM
basically, Phil implies it was somewhat conceivable that Kobe actually did rape that woman due to his well documented temper tantrums.

http://www.bareknucks.com/bashing-kobe-excerpts-from-%E2%80%9Cthe-last-season-a-team-in-search-of-its-soul%E2%80%9D-by-phil-jackson

“I was at a motel in Williston, North Dakota, when the call came from Mitch. “You’re not going to believe this,” he said, telling me about Kobe and the rape allegations in Colorado. Was I surprised? Yes, but not entirely. Kobe can be consumed with surprising anger, which he’s displayed toward me and toward his teammates.”
2115041, Bryant is a punk ass, bitch ass, hoe ass nicca. Most bitch made of all time
Posted by yoose2lurk, Sat Jan-19-13 10:33 AM
You Bryant apologists should just accept that and say that
you just like the way he imitates Jordan the GOAT's game.
Ol' copyright infringing ass punk ass snitching ass dude.
2116255, ^^^^. Expert analysis!
Posted by BSharp, Sun Jan-20-13 11:56 PM
That was a MAN'S POST! (c) Hubie Brown
2115093, abe simpson gif
Posted by bshelly, Sat Jan-19-13 12:20 PM
2115144, Paging Melmag: I'm going to save you like 20 more posts, my friend
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jan-19-13 01:54 PM
http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Season-Team-Search/dp/0143035878/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358621344&sr=8-3&keywords=the+last+season

You could just do that instead of mining it for excerpts, considering that's pretty all you've got.

The rest?

Let's see: Some shit about Shaq, Colorado Kate, Vanessa's ring, Vanessa herself, Brandy and prom night, and Smush Parker being mad.

All of which have been covered ad nauseam round these here parts. \

So,uh, you know, unless you've got something *new* to add... you know, uh... your whole post just reeks of MAD and getting it in while the force fields are finally down. 08/09 kinda fucked up a your traction, but now that the fall looks near completion, you- just like L-Stah and Labeatsnobodywantstobuy- aren't doing much more to Lakers fans but amusing us.

Hell, even your fellow haters have largely ignored this post and all you've gotten from us is ridicule.

Makes this post something of a failure, I'd say.
2115179, lol @ some shit about Shaq
Posted by RaFromQueens, Sat Jan-19-13 03:26 PM
Shaq won Kobe 3 rings and Kobe snitched on him for no reason at all AND chased him out of LA.

He's been gone for 10 years and Kobe has been the man in LA ever since. STILL your biggest trump card is '5', 3 of which came from Shaq.

Shaq is much, much more than a footnote in Kobe's story.

http://tinyurl.com/shaqcarry
2115214, You're just terrble at reading, aren't you?
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jan-19-13 05:02 PM
>Shaq is much, much more than a footnote in Kobe's story.

Cool beans. Meanwhile, I didn't say or imply that shit.

I list all the shit you Kobestalkers are constantly bringing up as though they haven't been spoken about about 134,598,373 times already- not to mention that all of those topics have been largely rebutted, corrected, and/or put in proper context by now. There's literally nothing left to say about them.

The 'ran Shaq out of town' 'Shaq won Kobe three rings' 'Kobe snitched' statements are ALL half truths at best that you people will continue to view with all the peripheral perspective of a jaundiced Cyclopes with a cataract. Since none of you will ever be willing to admit that a lot of shit that went down was equally Shaq's fault, there's ZERO point in discussing them. Having said that, since there are a good handful of Shaq-related grievances you vagina-starved losers like to pull out of your Shaq-sized rectum at every turn, I filed it all under 'some shit about Shaq'.

As if intentionally done to prove the very heart of my point for me, you come running in trying to twist what I said into something else entirely. You saw 'Some shit about Shaq' decided that meant I turned that era into some minor part of the Kobe story, and rushed to write a paragraph about Kobe's offenses where Snaq is concerned.

Since YOU brought it up though, at this point in the Kobe Story, he actually HAS reduced Shaq's overall presence in his narrative a great deal. And truth be told, that bothers you.

I'll wait while you list all the titles and MVP awards Shaq won before Kobe's 4th season. I'll wait while you show me all the teams Shaq went to finals in where he didn't have a dynamic young guard playing at a very high level at his side. I'll wait while you find a reasonable rebuttal as to why it matters SO MUCH that Kobe had Shaq while Magic and Bird both had two HOF front court players when they won titles. For that matter... so did Mike, considerinog the all-world D played by Pippen (to say nothing of his immense all around abilities) and Rodman during that second threepeat. You would LOVE for all of these arguments to be one-sided against Kobe, but that's just not the case.

Hell, I'll wait while you provide a conviction for "raping" Kaitlyn and find a way to account for the, shall we say, 'interesting' details regarding her and her story that doesn't at least cast a reasonable doubt on whether or not rape did actually occur.
2115178, Kobe has missed the most field goals ever nm.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Sat Jan-19-13 03:16 PM
2115466, http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/e9e7f4d9da73ae0c77fc04c8039b0426_large
Posted by RaFromQueens, Sun Jan-20-13 02:19 PM
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/e9e7f4d9da73ae0c77fc04c8039b0426_large
2116261, lol
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Jan-21-13 12:05 AM
2116282, YES!!!! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
Posted by yoose2lurk, Mon Jan-21-13 01:14 AM
2116257, I'm no Kobe "stalker"
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-21-13 12:01 AM
My thing with dude is, you can admit that he was the best SG of his generation...He was/is GREAT...He's a killer with the ball in his hands....

But it's obvious that Kobe is not a true leader...He's not a good teammate...(and spare me the stories about Jordan being an asshole...Dude never quit on his team...Kobe has...)...And Kobe has shown himself to be quite the punk away from the court...

I'll say it again...If you r a Lakers fan, I understand the unwavering support for dude...U support the psychopaths on your own team....That's just how it is...It makes sense...

But I don't understand how anyone can "root" for dude if u r not a fan of Purple & Gold....He's an EXCEPTIONAL talent...But.....

He's just a toxic bastard, great talent and all...The incessant finger pointing at teammates...The delusional lying...Snitching and breaking down in the face of rape charges...

Kobe takes his role of villain to almost cartoonish levels...U can almost envision him pulling at the end of some jet black mustache while wearing a top hat and tying some poor broad on the train tracks......

He's that ridiculous...
2116277, Agree on everything except MJ not quitting. '89 game 5 vs Detroit
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jan-21-13 12:36 AM
Dude took 2 shots in the 2nd half vs Detroit, 8 in total. El Essence emailed Sam Smith (who was the Bulls beat writer at the time) and dude confirmed that MJ was out there pouting and trying to prove a point. That summer was when he ran Doug Collins out of town.

There's an example of Wilt doing it as well...where dude took something like 3 shots in a a half in a critical playoff game 6 or something.

Fact is some of the top players have done but it's an outlier to their normal play.
2116286, RE: Agree on everything except MJ not quitting. '89 game 5 vs Detroit
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-21-13 01:29 AM
>Dude took 2 shots in the 2nd half vs Detroit, 8 in total. El
>Essence emailed Sam Smith (who was the Bulls beat writer at
>the time) and dude confirmed that MJ was out there pouting and
>trying to prove a point. That summer was when he ran Doug
>Collins out of town.

He indeed ran Doug out of town...But that 8 shots was not MJ pouting... I was in the Chi too and I got folks that was connected with the Bulls ORG back then...And MJ did not QUIT on his team...I never heard anything about dude pulling a Kobe...That Detroit "Jordan Rules" denfense was enough of a headache for MJ to be pulling that shit...

And really Kobe's stunt was totally different...The Lakers should have beaten Phoenix...They matched up pretty well...Kobe quit on his team in a game 7, man...A GAME SEVEN...That's some OTHER shit...lol

>There's an example of Wilt doing it as well...where dude took
>something like 3 shots in a a half in a critical playoff game
>6 or something.
>
>Fact is some of the top players have done but it's an outlier
>to their normal play.

I'm not buying it...

Wilt was doing it just to prove he didn't have to score to have impact on the game...There r stories of dude passing the hell out of the ball just to make teams look silly...

The thing with Kobe is he just doesn't seem to have leadership skills...Add that with dude being a bitch and you have an explosive cocktail...

2116288, RE: Agree on everything except MJ not quitting. '89 game 5 vs Detroit
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jan-21-13 01:47 AM
>>Dude took 2 shots in the 2nd half vs Detroit, 8 in total.
>El
>>Essence emailed Sam Smith (who was the Bulls beat writer at
>>the time) and dude confirmed that MJ was out there pouting
>and
>>trying to prove a point. That summer was when he ran Doug
>>Collins out of town.
>
>
>
>He indeed ran Doug out of town...But that 8 shots was not MJ
>pouting... I was in the Chi too and I got folks that was
>connected with the Bulls ORG back then...And MJ did not QUIT
>on his team...I never heard anything about dude pulling a
>Kobe...That Detroit "Jordan Rules" denfense was enough of a
>headache for MJ to pulling that shit...

That's what Sam Smith said though...that he did quit. I don't know one way or the other...I was all of 3 years old lol.

>And really Kobe's stunt was totally different...The Lakers
>should have beaten Phoenix...They matched up pretty
>well...Kobe quit on his team in a game 7, man...A GAME
>SEVEN...That's some OTHER shit...lol

That series came down to game 6, even when up 3-1. That was our game to win the series because we were never going to beat Phoenix twice on the road, let alone in a game 7. Also, if you recall, Diaw and Barbosa had terrible games in 1-4 but finally took the lid off in game 5. After that, Phoenix either blew us out(game 4,7) or played us even (game 6). In that game 7, Kobe def quit in the 2nd half. In the first quarter, we were down 15+ because our inside game wasn't working (and that was the key to the entire series bc we slowed the game down completely with Lamar and Kwame) so in the 2nd quarter, Kobe started shooting and even with his scoring, we couldn't manage the pace and were down 20+ at half. He did make the attempt but I def agree he mailed it in in the 2nd once we got down 30+ as Phoenix was on fire.

>>There's an example of Wilt doing it as well...where dude
>took
>>something like 3 shots in a a half in a critical playoff
>game
>>6 or something.
>>
>>Fact is some of the top players have done but it's an
>outlier
>>to their normal play.
>
>
>I'm not buying it...
>
>Wilt was doing it just to prove he didn't have to score to
>have impact on the game...There r stories of dude passing the
>hell out of the ball just to make teams look silly...
>
Again, that's what I have been told...and it was in a playoff loss. Not some mess around type shit.
2116289, RE: Agree on everything except MJ not quitting. '89 game 5 vs Detroit
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-21-13 01:53 AM
>>>Dude took 2 shots in the 2nd half vs Detroit, 8 in total.
>>El
>>>Essence emailed Sam Smith (who was the Bulls beat writer at
>>>the time) and dude confirmed that MJ was out there pouting
>>and
>>>trying to prove a point. That summer was when he ran Doug
>>>Collins out of town.
>>
>>
>>
>>He indeed ran Doug out of town...But that 8 shots was not MJ
>>pouting... I was in the Chi too and I got folks that was
>>connected with the Bulls ORG back then...And MJ did not QUIT
>>on his team...I never heard anything about dude pulling a
>>Kobe...That Detroit "Jordan Rules" denfense was enough of a
>>headache for MJ to pulling that shit...
>
>That's what Sam Smith said though...that he did quit. I don't
>know one way or the other...I was all of 3 years old lol.
>
>>And really Kobe's stunt was totally different...The Lakers
>>should have beaten Phoenix...They matched up pretty
>>well...Kobe quit on his team in a game 7, man...A GAME
>>SEVEN...That's some OTHER shit...lol
>
>That series came down to game 6, even when up 3-1. That was
>our game to win the series because we were never going to beat
>Phoenix twice on the road, let alone in a game 7. Also, if you
>recall, Diaw and Barbosa had terrible games in 1-4 but finally
>took the lid off in game 5. After that, Phoenix either blew us
>out(game 4,7) or played us even (game 6). In that game 7,
>Kobe def quit in the 2nd half. In the first quarter, we were
>down 15+ because our inside game wasn't working (and that was
>the key to the entire series bc we slowed the game down
>completely with Lamar and Kwame) so in the 2nd quarter, Kobe
>started shooting and even with his scoring, we couldn't manage
>the pace and were down 20+ at half. He did make the attempt
>but I def agree he mailed it in in the 2nd once we got down
>30+ as Phoenix was on fire.

It's a game 7 nonetheless....That was a horrible look....When you are the best player on the team and you already got rings and have shown to be GREAT and clutch, you don't pull shit like that...

But we are also talking about the same guy that really hasn't shown a lot of character off the court...So that's not surprising...

Kobe will def. be a first ballot HOFer....His greatness is unquestioned...

But he's such a douche bag that it's nearly impossible to root for him if you know better....
2116291, Agreed
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jan-21-13 01:56 AM
2116383, I have to speak up about this game 7 against phoenix
Posted by El_essence, Mon Jan-21-13 10:41 AM
Let's be clear, Kobe quit. But if we're going to be honest, be competely honest. they didn't match up well against the Suns. They caught the Suns off guard playing a style of play they weren't expecting and it affected them until game 5 or 6. The Lakers had absolute scrubs on that team.

And not to nitpick, but Kobe quitting in game 7 came AFTER the lakers quit on the plane ride there. He shut it down after halftime. It wasn't like he wasn't trying to win out the gate.

And I give a fuck what you say about MJ, that nigga quit. 8 shots in a game 5? fuckouttahere.com . It doesn't excuse Kobe nor is it even an argument for Kobe being on MJ's level. But let's stop acting like MJ (and hell any other greats) was perfect and infallible in order to put a spot light on Kobe's negatives. He's not a great teammate. He's not as bad as being portrayed. He's not an all inclusive guy and it limits the type of teammates that will fuck with him. It's a negative for sure. But I can't say he would have accomplished more individually and from a team aspect had he been any different in that department.
2116429, RE: I have to speak up about this game 7 against phoenix
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-21-13 11:43 AM
>And I give a fuck what you say about MJ, that nigga quit. 8
>shots in a game 5? fuckouttahere.com . It doesn't excuse Kobe
>nor is it even an argument for Kobe being on MJ's level. But
>let's stop acting like MJ (and hell any other greats) was
>perfect and infallible in order to put a spot light on Kobe's
>negatives. He's not a great teammate. He's not as bad as being
>portrayed. He's not an all inclusive guy and it limits the
>type of teammates that will fuck with him. It's a negative for
>sure. But I can't say he would have accomplished more
>individually and from a team aspect had he been any different
>in that department.

Nope...I'm not giving Kobe any "MJ did it" cover...

I'll say it again...Kobe pulled that stunt in a game 7....That's very important part of the story to remember...Now, I have little patience for cats that try to downplay Kobe's talent...He's arguably the best player of his generation (Duncan battles him on that front)...So I don't want to be a delusional asshole...Kobe has shown himself to be a MONSTER on the court...The most feared player of his era...

But even with all that, I'm no Bryant fan...As a Lakers fan, I respect your support of Kobe...That's the way it's supposed to be...

But I don't understand anyone boosting for dude if they are not a Lakers fan...Dude's epic bitch behavior is just too much to ignore...At least for me...

Kobe Bryant= GREAT player....But he's not a good teammate...

2116579, RE: I have to speak up about this game 7 against phoenix
Posted by El_essence, Mon Jan-21-13 03:19 PM
>Nope...I'm not giving Kobe any "MJ did it" cover...

Not covering Kobe. Just because Kobe quit doesn't mean MJ didn't. He did.

>I'll say it again...Kobe pulled that stunt in a game
>7....That's very important part of the story to
>remember...

It's important. But it wouldn't be any less important had he quit in a game 5.

Now, I have little patience for cats that try to
>downplay Kobe's talent...He's arguably the best player of his
>generation (Duncan battles him on that front)...So I don't
>want to be a delusional asshole...Kobe has shown himself to be
>a MONSTER on the court...The most feared player of his era...
>
>But even with all that, I'm no Bryant fan...As a Lakers fan, I
>respect your support of Kobe...That's the way it's supposed to
>be...

I'm not supporting Kobe's quitting in game 7. I'm giving it proper perspective. Just as you say it was a game 7, it should also be noted that the team had quit before he did. He walked on the court trying to win up until the beginning of the 3rd.

>But I don't understand anyone boosting for dude if they are
>not a Lakers fan...Dude's epic bitch behavior is just too much
>to ignore...At least for me...
>
>Kobe Bryant= GREAT player....But he's not a good teammate...

I don't disagree with this.
2116267, I hate Kobe as much as anyone, but what is going on here?
Posted by CliffDogg, Mon Jan-21-13 12:16 AM
2116275, RE: I hate Kobe as much as anyone, but what is going on here?
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-21-13 12:30 AM

People are reacting to dude throwing his team under the bus....again....
2116283, If I met him, I'd punch him...
Posted by yoose2lurk, Mon Jan-21-13 01:15 AM
I honestly think I would sneak him if I met him.
For real. Like, I'd clean clock his ass in the nose
with the quickest jab ever. I don't even care about him
pressing charges. I'd go down in history as a great man
who did something great for mankind.
2116294, Roll Tide!
Posted by J_Stew, Mon Jan-21-13 02:36 AM
2116560, ROLL MOTHERFUCKING TIDE
Posted by bshelly, Mon Jan-21-13 02:59 PM
2116575, UPDYKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by yoose2lurk, Mon Jan-21-13 03:14 PM
2116307, Now THIS...is deep hate.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Jan-21-13 06:29 AM
2116412, lol guarantee you would get bodied
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jan-21-13 11:26 AM
i mean he is no chris childs in terms of gulliness but having been face to face with him plenty of times, i would not line up to get punched back by a guy who is a very solid 230 pounds. you never know when he might snap and stick it in your butt either.
2116501, to be fair, he didnt say he could beat up kobe
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jan-21-13 01:35 PM
>i mean he is no chris childs in terms of gulliness but having
>been face to face with him plenty of times, i would not line
>up to get punched back by a guy who is a very solid 230
>pounds. you never know when he might snap and stick it in your
>butt either.

just that he would snuff him and then take the asswhooping on behalf of all mankind

and lol @ kobe sneak sodomizing...

2116427, Do you have an organization I can donate to? Perhaps a newsletter?
Posted by RaFromQueens, Mon Jan-21-13 11:41 AM
2116576, my legal defense fund if i'm so lucky as to actually do it
Posted by yoose2lurk, Mon Jan-21-13 03:16 PM
2116497, Hail Saban.
Posted by MothershipConnection, Mon Jan-21-13 01:25 PM
2116618, NOPE!, Elmo wasn't going to be denied in '03 ala Hakeem circa 1995
Posted by FILF, Mon Jan-21-13 04:14 PM
“The thing that hurts us about this season,” Fox said,
>“is that both of you have acted like you’re apart from us, and
>that we’re not any good. We have won championships for each
>other, sacrificing, and all of a sudden, you turn your backs
>on us.”
2118519, Running 3 all-star centers out of town & stunting the growth of another
Posted by FILF, Wed Jan-23-13 11:05 PM