Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI mean, if I was a team I'd ask coach to use a rotation I could analyze
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114487&mesg_id=2114693
2114693, I mean, if I was a team I'd ask coach to use a rotation I could analyze
Posted by celery77, Fri Jan-18-13 03:11 PM
and if I was analyzing other teams that have inconsistent rotations, I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

but if I saw that coach was putting out a 5-man rotation that was consistently on either the '+' or the '-' I'd talk to him about it. as far as fans are concerned, you really only need that info if you're gambling or if you're trying to predict the future. I find it's much easier as a fan to see who wins and who doesn't when the final scores are put in the paper the next morning.

oh

and I actually watch 48m basketball games, and if you can't see who is causing / when runs are occurring, then you probably need to study the game more. and anyway once playoffs roll around any team moving past the 1st round is going to have a recognizable rotation with searchable stats. I just believe that will be true from now until they revamp how the playoffs work.