Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectagree completely w/ #2, but I think larger sample size = solution there
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114487&mesg_id=2114618
2114618, agree completely w/ #2, but I think larger sample size = solution there
Posted by celery77, Fri Jan-18-13 02:12 PM
now, you also have the problem where maybe a coach uses inconsistent rotations, so then it's going to be a problem again, but if you have a 5-man unit like Kendrick Perkins + Serge Ibaka + Russy + KD + Kevin Martin who get a lot of tick in a lot of games, and you compare that to the starting unit of the same 5-man group only with Sefalosha instead, I'd think that would reveal something about those two units, no?

and I think all advanced stats are only support for traditional eyeball tests (it's why I know ThaTruth isn't bullshitting even when he hates on advanced stats, he understands basketball + can talk about it w/o having to rely on them).

but yeah -- every advanced stat is just support for a theory, none of them are "proofs" of anything.