Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectbut do you think Love + Varejao could really hang with Oak + Double D?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114474&mesg_id=2114543
2114543, but do you think Love + Varejao could really hang with Oak + Double D?
Posted by celery77, Fri Jan-18-13 01:03 PM
Love is an amazing positional rebounder who does all his work with the lower part of his body, earning position and holding it so he's there to get the board. I do think he's a great rebounder (but kinda ass at everything else an interior player is supposed to do, hence my faux-franchise PF stance w/ him).

now Varejao I would *love* to see play against the more physical era of the past because he's got that South American guile element to his game where he'll do anything he can to earn an advantage, almost Divac-esque in that regard (and I think we can all remember Divac being one of Shaq's most difficult matchups because he would find ways to use Shaq's strength against him). I would guess Sideshow Andy would have a loooot more enemies than friends in the league and that's the mark of a real opponent.

yeah, I'm sad Sideshow Andy is hurt, I thought he was going to be a real player to watch this year.

and Love is nice on the boards but fuck the rest of his game.