Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI've never understood that -- I thought scoring has been on an upswing?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2114474&mesg_id=2114488
2114488, I've never understood that -- I thought scoring has been on an upswing?
Posted by celery77, Fri Jan-18-13 11:38 AM
maybe overall efficiency is up as team offenses learn how to better attack the aggressive team D's which weren't legal in the '90s due to the 'illegal defense' rule?

or actually, I wonder if you could trace the rise in 3FGAs with an increase in guard rebounding, because the longer shots generally mean longer rebounds. or my other thought is that team's have used analytics to move more towards a team rebounding scheme than an individual rebounder having all the responsibility to ball hawk.

but yeah -- I've never understood that. I remember the days when ~15/rebs per game was just required for the rebounding crown. now Dwight is kind pulling in 12/gm while every old head they can find for comment calls him soft? it's definitely a subtle sea change that I've yet to see a good explanation for...