Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I exhausted myself on this issue with murph, the Miami series
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2112574&mesg_id=2112903
2112903, RE: I exhausted myself on this issue with murph, the Miami series
Posted by murph71, Wed Jan-16-13 03:02 PM
>Listed shooting numbers each night and how Rose was taking
>more shots than any two players COMBINED and shooting a
>HORRIBLE percentage. Two things that can't happen with a
>point guard if you expect to win.

First, What I and Basa are talking about were two different things...He was talking SPECIFICALLY about that 2011 playoff run...I wasn't, early on, until I saw that's the angle he was going at...So keep that in mind...

As for your view of things: The issue was NEVER that Rose didn't have a shaky series...I said he did...The issue was WHY he struggled.... The Bulls needed for Rose to be their highest scorer every night to win games....I think that's more of an indictment on the Bulls organization than it is on a PG who still has Similac on his breath...

>
>That Miami series was VERY winnable if Rose wasn't trying to
>one man it so damn much. I blame him and the coach for not
>changing that shit up. No way in the world Deng, Booz, etc
>shouldn't have been getting more touches.
>
>Murph contended Rose HAD to do it, my point was he WASN'T
>DOING IT WELL AND SHOULD HAVE TRIED SOMETHING ELSE. It's
>where his non-traditional PG style has hurt us and him
>actually.
>
>A_B saw it too, but I stopped even going there, some cats have
>their mind set on one way and that's all they'll ever see.

I think you and A-B are among the few Bulls fans that feel this way...

I like what C. Barkly said about the Bulls that playoff season, and specifically the Heat series...Paraphrasing dude...He basically said, you can't look at how close the games r...A lot of games are close in the playoffs...It's how a team loses...And it's clear the Bulls will not win with one guy expecting to do it all against teams with several offensive options...

So while you guys point out would have should have scenarios just because how close the games r, I will look at the fact that the Bulls' defense covered up for a lot of their offensive problems...