Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI admit I had a bit of a wandering eye as a kid
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2112183&mesg_id=2112322
2112322, I admit I had a bit of a wandering eye as a kid
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jan-15-13 04:05 PM
Your team falls back and you've got to find something to keep you interested.

I was a huge Hornets fan for a period in there. I guess at the time it was very common for expansion teams to be popular in marketing and apparel and stuff. I really liked the Hornets, even with like Tripucka, Chapman and Curry but especially when they had LJ, Zo, Gill, Muggsy, et al. I liked them pretty much their whole run in Charlotte, although obviously the last several seasons I was watching 80+ Sixers games a year since I finally could.

I also really liked the Montreal Expos, which was weird since they never won shit either and generally scorched the Phillies. For a while I kind of liked the Cubs and Braves because they had Greg Maddux.

The NFL I have always been pretty straightforward, you learn to hate fast lol.

Probably the strangest thing is that growing up my two favorite hockey players were Mario Lemieux and Dominik Hasek, two major rivals of the Flyers. I just loved watching those guys play and still do to this day. It's really rare I feel that way about a rival, even the ones I respect (Larry Bird, Emmitt Smith, et al) I don't really like.