Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI was pretty much a NFL whore growing up...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2112183&mesg_id=2112293
2112293, I was pretty much a NFL whore growing up...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jan-15-13 03:11 PM
starting off I liked the Steelers based off the Mean Joe Coke commercial and my mom had bought me a Steelers jacket because it was on clearance.

I hopped on the Bears bandwagon in 85, but I also fell in love with the Giants that next year. I rooted for the Skins in their SB years too, I basically rooted for whichever NFC team was on top except the Niners, I never really liked them although I rooted for Eric Wright because he went to my high school. I hated Cowboys at first but I was a fan of Jimmy Johnson's Hurricane teams so I low key rooted them when he took over and I wanted them to knock of SF but I never considered myself a "Cowboy fan".

The football Cardinals were always a joke to me when were in St Louis but when they left it sucked not having an NFL team. The Rams showed up in 95, I moved back to St Louis in 97 after I left active duty. I used to see them dudes out in clubs all the time, the running joke around town was that if they spent as much time studying their playbooks as they did in the club they might win more. Tony Banks was the ringleader, that dude way ALWAYS out everywhere and the local media rode him about it pretty hard. He actually had his own club for a minute, Toby Wright did too. All those dudes were hella cool back then, plus fresh out of the military I was still in top physical shape and a lot of dumbass groupie broads would think I was on the team too when I was around those guys, lol.