Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecttwo eye-roll quotes from each early on:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2108838&mesg_id=2108944
2108944, two eye-roll quotes from each early on:
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Jan-11-13 01:14 PM
"I think people can see that I go hard," Wallace says now. "I'm just out there trying to go hard. I only know one speed."

C'mon, I love Sheed to death but let's not act like 'going hard' was always something he was commonly associated with outside of 'both teams play hard'.

"I'm here right now because of who I am," Stackhouse says, "not because I've succumbed or had to settle. I've changed my roles. I understand the importance of having to change roles. I look at a guy like Allen Iverson. There's no way, from a talent level or what he's done for the game of basketball, he shouldn't be on somebody's team right now. But we know why. We know why."

Still bringing up AI's name unsolicited. I mean I get that there's truth to what he's saying but Stack really had no choice but to settle into role-player-status early. He was never good enough to really carry a team & had already been traded a few times. Bottom line is he's never gotten over being upstaged by AI when he got to Philly and the team getting better without him.

Entertaining article overall.