Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDid I miss something? Is this the full extent of what he said?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2107097&mesg_id=2108171
2108171, Did I miss something? Is this the full extent of what he said?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jan-10-13 12:55 PM
"You see that lovely lady there? She does go to Auburn, I'll admit that, but she's also Miss Alabama, and that's A.J. McCarron's girlfriend. Wow, I'm telling ya, you quarterbacks, you get all the good-looking women. What a beautiful woman! Whoa! So if you're a youngster in Alabama, start getting the football out and throw it around the backyard with pops."

First of all, describing that as a "slew" of comments, as I've commonly seen, is a misnomer. It's really one comment, I guess you could say starting at "so," it is a separate, more general comment.

Is that all? WTF? Some of you are offended by this? First of all, there is nothing wrong with calling someone beautiful, no matter what the ages or appearances of the people in question are. Secondly, what he said about quarterbacks was kind of dumb but it's not untrue and it's just the kind of thing you'd expect a hokey old fart like Musberger to say.

This is also not a woman wearing a burka or working on vaccines in a lab, she is a beauty queen! I am pretty sure she is comfortable receiving adulation for her appearance and she even said as much.

So, did I miss something here? Did he say something else?