Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat's a very interesting theory...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2106744&mesg_id=2106982
2106982, That's a very interesting theory...
Posted by Ausar72, Wed Jan-09-13 09:52 AM
What's particularly interesting is where you said he would have Cousins "ready for the world in 2013". I think the offense you see Cousins running next year will be the offense they SHOULD of had RGIII running this season.

The game that Cousins started was the more traditional Mike Shanahan/Kyle Shanahan offense, with the bootleg/play action dynamic working off of the power running game. That is what I (and a lot of people) envisioned they would be installing with Griffin this season. Instead, we got this gimmicky pistol/read option BS, which is fine as a wrinkle, but not as a base offense, unless you want to get your QB killed out there (see Griffin).

So now the Shanahans have reset their clock with the built-in RGIII injury/coaching up Cousins (almost rookie for next year). Meanwhile Cousins (the gym rat), has a year of study and prep in the REAL offense. I definitely think he will come out on fire next year, with all of the prep he's been able to get this season as back-up and all of the coming off-season getting all of the starters reps.

Ultimately, running the offense that RGIII should have been running.

<<<---"That's my quarterback!" (c) T.O.

my thoughts,

peace.